5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:14 PM

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:46 PM

• xXxjasonxXx
    688 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:57 AM

well i think i came up with the problem an don't know why i never thought of it before cause its happen many times in the passed but has been awhile...... Well today i was playing st andrews an hit my drive landed on side of hill with 30 yrd shot so I switched to my normal punch shot an hit an dinged  thought this was going to be great tell the ball went 30 yrds to the right an i sat there for a min scratching my head lol but that just played like uneven lies.......

well took me lil while but my lil brain started working overtime lmao,,,, this could just as well be why our shots may be droping short or long at times cause of where we land our drives,, it seems to me that uneven lies may be effecting normal play an makes complete sense to me cause when in uneven lie ball is on up hill with approach shot ball will drop short an down hill it will play long cause it sure effected my shot on andys with a str8 tail wind an we all now our wedges don't go off line 30 yrds with a ding on side of hill less u on uneven lies...........

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 4:34 AM

a downhill lie in Uneven will still come up short, the ball flies lower.

How pronounced the movement of those dots is where ur skill and judgement come in.

• xXxjasonxXx
    688 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 5:03 AM

just an idea sounded good lmao!! but at same time still makes a lil sense....

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2013 4:49 PM

Yada, yada, yada...

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2013 11:02 PM

This thread seems to have been hijacked with people taking it all kinds of directions. Let's try and bring this around full circle so we can nip it in the bud.

We all know VEM is used. This much has been confirmed.

We do not know the complete details and neither should we. Fair enough.

I was asking for at least one of WGT's finest to release a simple yet official overview of VEM and offer a simple explanation of what it is and how it improves the game for the benefit of all players that didn't understand.

I wasn't asking for a disclosure of the mathematical formula used nor a justification for the use of VEM, just a helpful statement to put minds at ease.

My understanding is that many mistakes are largely down to human error, possibly technical issues and VEM is the marginal difference of variables that swings both ways and can work for or against a player.

My original post simply requested a simple but official response. I didn't want random opinions. It would seem some people just can't help themselves or maybe it's a deliberate attempt to overload the thread with random rubbish?

Here is a good post from WGTniv posted earlier in this thread. It would be nice if WGT could just answer this officially in the FAQ's where everyone can find it, instead of on the forums.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 3:02 PM

This is what all hear when speaking of the VEM.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 3:25 PM

Bad VEM is when you're blind drunk and pick up that groovey looking Kate Moss chic who's up for partying, then you wake up with a raging hangover the morning after lying next to..........so MBag tells me. :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 3:48 PM

thebigeasy707:
    Bad VEM is when

How the hell did you get that pic?

She sure did change from the night before...

RSS