Forums

Help › Forums

VEM in WGT explained

Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:58 PM (258 replies)
  • notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 1:22 PM

borntobesting:

The person who says all his shots are not working right has 15 holes-in-one and many of them in the past few months since they started the hole-in-one challenge on all par 3's. So only his irons to par 3's work right?? 

See you dont read well but all has been fine the last few months. This month not the same as i stated man i dont know why you reply to somethings cause most of the time you are wrong and dont know your talking about. Have you noticed i been in top 10 for last 4 or months and this month im not? Ok then try reading well before you reply. And to answer you question yes i have awesome luck on par 3s but from fairway most of my shots are way off. Now read what i said carefully.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 2:06 PM

TBE - AWESOME SHOT!!!  

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 2:16 PM

I'm sure that BORN made his comments with the same thought that 99% of the WGT members would immediate think, here is a guy who had been tearing up the courses lately and he is complaining about the VEM.

In my point of this this has gotten a little worse in the past month but I haven't been playing as much for a number of reasons so I mainly put it on my lack of play.  I have noticed in a couple of CTTH ready go's that I played in balls that I felt were hit well, if not dinged them only a fraction away that just seem to jump right or left off the club.  I had one at Wolfe Creek the other day on the 3rd hole (long shot to a narrow green with water right).  Had a wind behind and left about 10 mph, picked my 195 club for the shot aimed just right of the pin, since the ball move to the left a little, was a fraction late on my swing, figured that I would still be within 8 feet, ball jumped right and almost hit the water in the air, which is probably 20 yards right of the pin.  

I would rather see them make the irons less accurate than fool around with the VEM.  I don't have any objection to making things more difficult by moving down the accuracy of the irons that we have.  My average is around 61, if I go up 6 shots and everyone else does as well, that makes it a better game in my opinion.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 2:50 PM

Complaining is not the word i said i wouldnt speak on it anymore i was just stating that i have been getting killed. And i have seen yoban being a great example i use to play him and he was on fire burning up now the dude is lucky to shoot 30 and shot 65 on cabo low winds from baby tees. Thats almost as bad as my 70 on andys my point is i know this game well and not as well as others but for me to shoot a 70 any course and conditions is like saying bobby didnt smoke crack.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 3:13 PM

When a 103 yard punch goes 111yards with a 7 ( seven not seventeen ) mph tailwind , and no elevation, then is this a sign TBE. /

And the same shot  in the quali to 15 when u have 98 to go and it doesn't even reach the green.

I am OK with UeL and the strange things that happen there, but in regular play I do expect some consistency.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:06 PM

YankeeJim:

drmoose:

GlassMan27:
    thebigeasy707:
    this info was given to me recently & will remain in confidence.

This, more than anything else, may prove to be the downfall of this game. Intimating that one has proprietary knowledge unavailable to the general public undermines any shred of confidence that there is a "level" playing field.

Without question. IDK about the downfall of the game but it definitely blows that there are insiders allowed to share this info on a selective basis and then come here like some schoolyard sissy with  "Neener, neener, I know something you don't know."

All of a sudden guys like CIB and Steve2golf have a case with their complaints. They don't sound like they're in that loop.

Well isn't this just peachy........................................

Ok where are our sleuths, drop the big foot search, we have a new mission.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:20 PM

oneeyedjohn:

When a 103 yard punch goes 111yards with a 7 ( seven not seventeen ) mph tailwind , and no elevation, then is this a sign TBE. /

And the same shot  in the quali to 15 when u have 98 to go and it doesn't even reach the green.

I think some of the weird things we see is because the data matrix is not all that simple. There is no real physics in WGT, just blocks of data representing the course. Not one block, but several. When we do a shot, it will move between blocks and there is likely to be some misfits depending on angles and whatnots. There are some approaches where you are almost always short, some where you are almost always long. I do not think VEM have anything to do with that, it is more probable that they did not get all data right in that area.

Since we are beta testers, I am quite surprised that WGT never asks us for any feedback. That they do not have an in game menu option of "Did that shot feel strange?" or something, similar to "Report a bug". There we could write "150 club went only 142" and the comment are sent in to WGT together with the shot info. "Report a bug" is different, it should be used for more obvious bugs and not be spammed with shots gone wrong. Lot of the collected data could be automatically  processed to see patterns.

I dont keep a book, so I do not remember the hole numbers, but I think BP1, the approach, always used to be short. I think they have fixed that. There is a par 3 at Kiawah that I always play 10 yds shorter than numbers say it is. Same goes with clubs, I had for instance no trust in the RBZ i6 when it came to distance, it seemed completely random and I ended up using the i5 instead. With my R11's, I think it is the i7 that causes me most headache.

They do not really use us to improve their game and that is quite surprising. I do not think anyone mind the game being hard but most of us dislike when it's unpredictable.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:22 PM

There's no inside info, Davy was chain-yankin'...or as we say in Kentucky, he set a hook.

I think VEM has been set on "Nuke 'em" and needs to be dialed back just a hair to "Make 'em slightly miffed."

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:23 PM

Steve2,

True enough. This is exactly the kind of thing that has been the point of way too much conjecture. WGT stands to lose what little credibility it had left, and yet once again, has little or nothing to say about this. I  would expect this thread to disappear very shortly, so anyone who has anything to add should do so quickly.

Doc :(

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:52 PM

mkg335:

I think VEM has been set on "Nuke 'em" and needs to be dialed back just a hair to "Make 'em slightly miffed."

LOL, come on Mkg335. Some of the best here still say we have no Vem. ;) What Vem?

What u seen a WTF shot? I think u are mistaken. You must have made a mistake in your calculations.

I think this whole thread is funny as hell to be honest. Its a damn shame it what it is.

Icon said game play is the same for all. With that .....hey lotto tickets available now.....get one. hehe :)

RSS