Forums

Help › Forums

VEM in WGT explained

Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:58 PM (258 replies)
  • pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:53 AM

Every day I tried to play a 9 hole round on some course only to find on the 4th tee, drives went wrong and greens were inconsistent. Very fast greens moved at tourney speed on one  green an slow speed on another. The typical way WGT manipulates your game to force you to  purchase equipment.

I did some surveys and got credits to buy Callaway balls and right away they were better then WGT's best but again inconsistent.  Come on WGT quit targeting certain individuals with wrong results. It makes this game a guessing game rather then a game of skill.

You reward the cash buyers and punish the people who have to do surveys to get credits for which you get paid anyway.

Today I was beaten badly by a Pro tier player who had better clubs and balls then mine and he hit farther drives then I but when I hit my second shot to the green, it fell way short or went left of the flag  17 ft . When I hit it on the ding with straight wind. Obviously you don't want me here and that's to bad because I could be a big flag waver for this game but it appears nothing is going to change so I will tell all my friends not to waste time or money on a game that punishes those who have been around a while and haven't spent their lives savings.

It was an enjoyable game before the VEM was implemented. It could a better game to take it out and spend your money on newer courses that players would be challenged but receive the right results from their equipment. Then you wouldn't have as many dropouts, kickoff's and complaining players who have had ridiculous game results.

I hope this doesn't fall on DEAF ears.  

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:02 AM

pipeman1370:

You reward the cash buyers and punish the people who have to do surveys to get credits for which you get paid anyway.

Sorry Pipe, but thats not true. Ive pumped cash into this game because surveys and videos are a complete joke. But yet im still affected by this badly. And this is the biggest gripe i have, i pay to play, but dont get what i pay for.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:06 AM

thebigeasy707:
    this info was given to me recently & will remain in confidence.

So, I guess you are now "one of them"? ;)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:39 AM

GlassMan27:
    thebigeasy707:

This, more than anything else, may prove to be the downfall of this game. Intimating that one has proprietary knowledge unavailable to the general public undermines any shred of confidence that there is a "level" playing field. If such information exists, and WGT is aware of it, a full disclosure should be made.

Then again, I've been able to tell when VEM will kick in for some time now, all I have to do is  hit the "Play Now" button !

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:56 AM

drmoose:

GlassMan27:
    thebigeasy707:

This, more than anything else, may prove to be the downfall of this game. Intimating that one has proprietary knowledge unavailable to the general public undermines any shred of confidence that there is a "level" playing field.

Without question. IDK about the downfall of the game but it definitely blows that there are insiders allowed to share this info on a selective basis and then come here like some schoolyard sissy with  "Neener, neener, I know something you don't know."

All of a sudden guys like CIB and Steve2golf have a case with their complaints. They don't sound like they're in that loop.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:06 AM

YankeeJim:

thebigeasy707:

hardly...that's why it will remain confi.

put yer teeth back in 

WTF is your fixation with my teeth? 

I think you're peeing into the wind, you don't have any great piece of info and if you do you're an azz for saying you do and not sharing it.

*edit-You might think twice before making a jerk out of yourself with comments like the teeth thing. Too bad you didn't edit it fast enough. Thinking twice precludes having to edit your posts.

ok keep yer hair on 

roflmao :)

you bite every time....no pun intended.

ttyl gnasher

& why would i want to share the holy grail of info? gimme a break.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:11 AM

thebigeasy707:
    ttyl gnasher

This ain't going away. You opened a bigass can of worms and I'll get to the bottom of it, hair and teeth nothwithstanding. Mock away but your boca grande overloaded the wide expanse to the rear.

thebigeasy707:
    & why would i want to share the holy grail of info?

Line forms on the right for all interested in answering this. I'll start by saying because it was shared with you and relates to anyone playing this game.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:16 AM

jeesh TBE - nothing like a big "neener neener I know something you don't know" sitch lol

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:29 AM

Dang Davy, that's worse than my 10th grade GF;)

• dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 9:00 AM

lol

RSS