Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats and Percieved Cheats

Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:02 AM (87 replies)
  • chris2345
    528 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:00 PM

I never said that I did'nt think you where doing anything about combating these "cheat programs." Just  that it did'nt seem so.

Congrats on successfully removing cheats 3000 & 4000, and I hope you're ready for 5000 & 6000

• cchristi42
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:01 PM

onekeano:

hey i play in wgtls ladder system and i was asked by the moderators how come myself and another guy used the same ip address, he was helping me upload icons for my team profile, so i let him log in on my account, so for multi accounts how come wgt cant catch guys like tat, as for all the cheatin best way for tat is not to play ready gs guys if u feel tat ur waisting creds, 

just my 2pence 

They could easily generate a report client login's by IP address.  But just as you pointed out another guy was logging in on your network, and it was legitimate.  Though your story, I am a bit confused you let another guy login on your account, or his account was logged in on your network?

Now if you see 5+ clients from the same IP, maybe you have a multi-accounter, then again you could just have guys running a LAN party after work from the corp network.  Also I would guess as much as they may not promote MA, they likely spend more credits then those that don't MA, and thus they see that as generating revenue for themselves.  Also personally while I don't consider MA'ing something WGT should promote, I wouldn't exactly call it cheating either, unless they are using programs that click/aim for them.

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:05 PM

Thank you  WGTdbloshoe for the response.  I, as well as others, certainly realize that managing cheats is not easy.  Myself and others need to at least feel that efforts by the WGT staff are being made to address this issue.  

jfhuber

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 6:54 PM

While you are working behind the scenes you need to quit advertising them, too. A simple change of the Community Spotlight to include only players at Master and above who have played in the last 30 days will quit broadcasting to the members that you are proud of the cheaters.

WGT shoots itself in the foot almost daily in the Community Spotlight.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:27 PM

srellim234:

+1

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:47 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

Three things that will help us the most to stop cheating:

1. Stop Forum posts that give people links or the knowledge that there are cheats out there.

So everyone please enjoy the game, shoot low scores(honestly), and trust that we do know about the issues and are always trying to improve things.

- WGTdbloshoe

Sorry I disagree fundamentally and morally with this. Of course don't give the links but I think it is OUR MORAL DUTY to inform the members that there are cheats out there and to be careful.

Burying your head in the sand is no policy, all it does is hang your butt out for all to see!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:05 PM

alanti:

srellim234:

+1

iaaRft

PS / ect or is it etc  , Or is this part of the plan that slips past the Mod,s so we can all see just who and how so we can make our own notes with out calling out someone in the forums  ?

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:25 PM

I played two  players on here last week...the first one was at a hack level...we started playing and i could tell she knew what she/he was doing....said they had forgoten their password and had to open a new account....said she/he was a tour pro on htheir other account....ten i had another one tell me they were a Master...but because he had used a bd crdit card wgt froze his account and he had to ope a new account....is this a comm0on practice or is this a time where i hit two bad ones?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:27 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

1. Stop Forum posts that give people links or the knowledge that there are cheats out there.

2. Players being more vigilant in looking into the player before they join a game for credits. If your a Hack don't be playing a Legend for 400 credits a hole.

3. Community help in finding cheats.  If you suspect someone let us know privately. 

I know people will probably want more and definite answers on what exactly we do daily to stop cheating?  Here's the thing though, people who may cheat also read these threads.  So let's say I tell everyone we use military drones to hunt down cheaters, well now that is out in the open and people will adapt. 

First off thanks for the response. Nothing personal at all here but my 2 cents to the above:

1. Bit like asking TV companies to stop making crime series or criminals to use both those and the internet to develop the perfect crime, and asking people to stop talking about it in public;

2. Should be in important notices to any new player ....this will eventually bite WGT big by trying to go quiet ..........

3. Certainly.  The community owes a duty of care to.

What must be done eventually (and time is of the essence huge) is issue a notice stating where WGT are at with this.  Details not required what is being done, just how level the playing field is to other games.  Currently WGT is basically saying

don't

1. play RGs unless you are a very top player with possible near the best equipment going;  

2. Forget challenges of any sort even with friends if VEM can't be predicted as regards teh latter;

3. Please don't talk about it as it might put new people off.

Shoe, no offence to you at all as you seem a reasonable person. Sadly either WGT can say how level the playing field is OR it can't!  As it stands this reads as doing our best but no clue just how rife or how to fix it.

All that said WGT is fundamentally a great game and I hope it flourishes.  But you will accept people being way more wary spending money on anything especially any challenge / RG, until something as to what the field state at least is known...........

Companies exist to create secure environments.....it is possible to issue updates...if anything has meaningfully been done for whatever size the problem is! Costs though I appreciate that and that might be before the solution........That's all your business, but the statements are the communities to...........

Regards

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:28 PM

Thanks for at least trying to allay the fears of those that enjoy and care hugely about the game. I cannot see how WGT as an organisation can attempt to shut down any program that they would deem as an assistance in playing the game. You would need a hell of a good lawyer for that.

Secondly, it is the Legend who needs to be wary of playing the Hack for 400 credits, not the other way round :)

RSS