Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats and Percieved Cheats

Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:02 AM (87 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 6:59 PM

Fraenkel:
    with a player that became Legend in 3/4 months, he/she needs to play in a special links and play with his/her friends only.

I became Legend in that time frame easily, largely through ranked rounds averaging 61 and some one else I got to know through this did to. Neither of us really played computer games even. Whilst Xbox etc always been in the house with the kids growing up the last time I even  bothered with a virtual game was Mega Drive Golf circa 1990. Now once Legend I am first to admit I need loads of improvement.................that's OK as where fun is also!

Can't create tournaments for the like of me.........I struggled to get my money back in a RG the couple of times I played them.  Had I understood the game I could have hung around in M/TM longer and maybe won some money......To me though I am not sure I would do it any differently again................

I am no great shakes, and Legend is different. Don't see that as the answer to anything in particular all saying, not that I personally would care!

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:36 PM

Please WGTSomebody---Kill this thread!

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 12:51 AM

Jim, you've been great really but I didn't see too much ready go's on your score history.

Cheaters act to increase credits and equipment using previous experience. I don't know You fellas but I think that your very first game on ready go's wasn't made after one day your subscription. I personally start on ready go's and challenge match plays after 6 months and I did wasn't legend too.

Under lines there the condition which can help WGT to find cheaters, you didn't play a RG's if you're just logged in, you won't play a CMP if you are just logged in, but if you have multi accounts and good previous experience you can because no one can't find you.

Sorry for my english, it's been rusted for years, but I think that what I mean it's not comlecated as I wrote. Jim, I repeat, wasn't an attack but just a consideration and I played on MD golf's at the same years, how many joypad destroyed.

Cheers,
    David. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:04 AM

Fraenkel:
    Jim, I repeat, wasn't an attack but just a consideration and I played on MD golf's at the same years, how many joypad destroyed.

All good and never took it as an attack..............It's a real problem granted!

• bluey403
    1,527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:50 AM

why heck

i shoot my best ever score 57 in 300cr legend ready go st andrews

check my status 6hrs after tourney is full,im leader

15mins before the 12hr cut off so

old mate shoots 56,,,,,please tell me how it takes half a day to  play a single round here,,

hope im not sounding like sour grapes.

cheers.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:15 AM

Only way I can think of is he signed up for the tourney, maybe started the first hole then saved it waiting until later, prior to the tourneys ending, to finish his round.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:41 AM

bluey403:

why heck

i shoot my best ever score 57 in 300cr legend ready go st andrews

check my status 6hrs after tourney is full,im leader

15mins before the 12hr cut off so

old mate shoots 56,,,,,please tell me how it takes half a day to  play a single round here,,

hope im not sounding like sour grapes.

cheers.

Oldbayrunner:
    Only way I can think of is he signed up for the tourney, maybe started the first hole then saved it waiting until later, prior to the tourneys ending, to finish his round.

You don't have to play as soon as you sign up and you don't have to start as save either. You have 12 hours from the time the 50th player signs up to play  your round. Many players wait until most players have posted a score and then check the leader board. If they don't think they have a chance to win they withdraw. But if they think they have a chance to win they play their round with just enough time to get the round in. It sucks but many players chose to do it that way.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:02 AM

alanti:

WOW what an explosive thread.

Yes cheating and multi account threads tend to raise all emotions where in the heat of the moment things are typed without thought.

Yes both those issues are serious and the forums are really our only outlet to vent but every thread on these subjects degenerates where nothing constructive is, or will ever be, acheived.

I do not think these threads can no longer benefit anyone and probably should be removed.

Anyone concerned about cheaters.multis should not raise the issue in the torums, sure tell your friends but PLEASE report them to the moderators. Lets act as the detectives but not as the Jury and Executioner.

Couldn't have put it better myself Alan.

Gets REALLY tiresome to open the forums and see cheat/multi/sandbagger threads everyday.

I personally have NO doubt that WGT are doing everything they can to find and implement a fix for these things, whether the other members choose to believe that or not is a whole different story.

Maybe some folks would be happier if WGT shut down for 3 months to implement cheat detecting software or whatever, I say just get on with playing the game, have some fun and have a little faith that WGT are attempting to "fix it"

Peace,

Liz

RSS