Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats and Percieved Cheats

Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:02 AM (87 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:48 PM

A lot of people have been clamoring for WGT to come out with an official statement on cheaters and what we are going to do about them  I am sorry but this is not going to be it.  It honestly is a very thin line we walk in handling situations like this.  If we crack down and anyone who we "think is cheating" we ban them for life, then the moment someone slips through the cracks, boom!  The post on here will go crazy.  If we take the other approach of going super easy on cheats, then everyone think we are in cahoots with them.  Not an easy position to be in. 

So what is this post about?  It is me in my humble opinion the things that need to be done to curb cheaters.

Three things that will help us the most to stop cheating:

1. Stop Forum posts that give people links or the knowledge that there are cheats out there.

2. Players being more vigilant in looking into the player before they join a game for credits. If your a Hack don't be playing a Legend for 400 credits a hole.

3. Community help in finding cheats.  If you suspect someone let us know privately. 

I know people will probably want more and definite answers on what exactly we do daily to stop cheating?  Here's the thing though, people who may cheat also read these threads.  So let's say I tell everyone we use military drones to hunt down cheaters, well now that is out in the open and people will adapt. 

So everyone please enjoy the game, shoot low scores(honestly), and trust that we do know about the issues and are always trying to improve things.

- WGTdbloshoe

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:59 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Community help

This is our Game ,  This is our Community , This is our House , Stand True .

Thank You .

OPY

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:09 PM

I agree that the "cheating threads" are way to many. But this does show the sentiment towards these players who cheat or multi-account. Can I put this proposal to you?

For every "free tournament" and RG's top 3 finish (especially Tiers below Legend) could WGT do a check on these players (ie gifting between accounts or sudden credits loss/gains in credit matches etc) as some sort of validation. This would not take too much effort from your end.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:20 PM

The problem seems to be there are cheat programs out there, somewhere, that work.

It seems that you WGT are not doing much, if anything about them. Maybe you can't.

This seems to be main problem which seemingly is being failed by you WGT to address.

There lies the problem IMO.

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:26 PM

Thanks for the response..

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:28 PM

chris2345:

The problem seems to be there are cheat programs out there, somewhere, that work.

It seems that you WGT are not doing much, if anything about them. Maybe you can't.

This seems to be main problem which seemingly is being failed by you WGT to address.

There lies the problem IMO.

Someone sells Cheat system 3000, we find it shut it down.  20 minutes later Cheater system 4000 pops up somewhere.  I wish it was as easy and finding them all sending a letter and they all go away.  If you think we are not trying to shut these down, very mistaken. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:38 PM

hey i play in wgtls ladder system and i was asked by the moderators how come myself and another guy used the same ip address, he was helping me upload icons for my team profile, so i let him log in on my account, so for multi accounts how come wgt cant catch guys like tat, as for all the cheatin best way for tat is not to play ready gs guys if u feel tat ur waisting creds, 

just my 2pence 

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:54 PM

Ummmmm logging into your account he shouldnt have the same ip unless he lives under the same roof as you.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:54 PM

dupe ip's are very detectable, but alas to ban a single ip , usually entails banning a range which in turn can create another huge problem :(

Ummmmm logging into your account he shouldnt have the same ip unless he lives under the same roof as you.
    and yes , this is correct

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 5:56 PM

Thank you WGTdbloshoe, for at least trying to allay the fears of the community, there are a few bad apples out there, but thankfully, they are a minority.

With regard to reporting cheaters, is it the same email address as for everything else, i.e. members@worldgolftour.com , or have WGT set up a special "shop a cheat" hotline ?

As for the cheat system 3000, if any cheats out there wish to try it, please do, I hope your computers get corrupted by using it.

RSS