Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats/Fraud et al

Sun, Nov 17 2013 11:41 AM (186 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 3:27 PM

I feel like they replaced WGTpizza with WGTpizzeria.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 3:30 PM

Buggyyy:

I feel like they replaced WGTpizza with WGTpizzeria.

Yeah but not enough cheese Jon stay classy!!!!!!!!

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 3:36 PM

WGTdbloshoe  sorry about the caps thing ...my bad......and sorry to others who consider it a long and difficult read was written somewhat quickly......but the point i am trying to make is that if somehow WGT feels its is incumbent upon us the players to police the site then this will become a problem.  We have already had accusations, finger pointing and names published with no definitive proof.  This is creating an atmosphere of animosity among players.

Best of luck on the cheaters contacting WGT and outing themselves to you.

Basically I think myself and others are looking for assurances from WGT that these issues are being addressed and the proliferation of cheats/fraud is being minimized, that's all.

jfhuber

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 3:50 PM

I am astonished about some things we can and foremost we cant. Use of caps is not even a  defence, its a diversion from the intended subject of the post: the increasing concern about cheating.

Its a bit the same as I read before: its not allowed to name names , point fingers or discuss the use of game enhancing software. Posts about that are deleted.

But if we, as members, dont express our concerns, who will?

I agree wholehartedly that you cant accuse without proof and it seems that just is the most difficult thing to get. But we have our suspicions.

We caught someone on wgtls 2  weeks ago, because we work with screenshots and it clearly showed the use of such a program. I am however pretty sure he did not get that on his own, it was passed on to him by another player, and when you think backwards, the next player turns up who used it and passed it on. Personally i think that this problem is far more greater than we can or will imagine and not just restricted to one or two individual cases.

Somehow i think, though i am far from an expert in software development, that such programs would leave some trail, some marks, some signature within a regular use of the wgt golfgame and that it should be possible to search and find such marks. But i could be wrong.

At the end though its certain that we, as players on wgt, are genuinly concerned about it all and that indeed wgt should give us an answer to what they are doing about it

• JFHuber
    435 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:09 PM

So it is understood i was not looking for a quick answer from WGT.  But a thoughtful answer.

As i read through this here are responses that just make me go hmmmmmmm......

"Just a heads up everyone.... if you post "I WANT A RESPONSE TO THIS WGT" in all caps and that is the only thing in your posting, it will be deleted.  Posting guidelines do not allow for postings to be in all caps.  So yeah post away with that phrase but make it in lower cases so I am not deleting dozens of posts."

- WGTdbloshoe

next a bit out of context but self standing

"How about this.... I want a response from cheaters on why they cheat!  So please every cheater, multi account holder, and auto ding user please tell us why you do and provide a undoctored screen shot."

- WGTdbloshoe

and in response to this posting by ConfusionMaster

"I think the rules should be amended or added to that states, posting just a wall of text is not allowed either.

Use paragraphs and sentances. it makes it easier to read (read, more likely for someone to actually read it and take your point rather than bypassing your post and ignoring you)"

i get this

"I second that my eyes hurt after reading about halfway down."

-WGTdbloshoe

So the quick summation here is

No Caps allowed.....check

Cheaters should turn themselves in ......check

No long run on paragraphs, too difficult to read.........check

This reminds me of someone from past .........hmmmmmm

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:21 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

tiffer67:

It's not a response that's needed......it's a solution.....a working one at that. 

I know which is why everyone asking for statements are just going to get the same PR response.  Getting ahead of cheaters is an ongoing battle and not one that is going to be solved overnight.  It is like in sports the steroid users are always going to be looking forward while everyone else is playing catch up.  We have daily discussions on new cheats and how to combat them.  The solution will come but it is not like we can snap our fingers and boom it's fixed.

Best thing for people to do is not bet credits against someone who's tier is way ahead of their, which we see a lot of, and before betting do some homework.  Look at their clubs, how many rounds they have played and don't join the game until you have looked.  Or better yet get a group of people who you become friends with on here who are roughly the same level and bet with them.

- WGTdbloshoe

That is the response you should be looking at if you want to break down my posts. 

Cheaters turning themselves in - Sarcasm

No Caps Allowed - Gave everyone a heads up nothing more nothing less. 

This reminds me of someone from past - Seriously come on I know the issues before but the amounts of responses I have given to these topics in a span of two weeks... Should speak for itself.

Cheating doesn't doesn't help anyone and can chase away players.  So yes we are trying to combat it and trying to find ways to.  Yes we need players to police the system because the more people looking the easier it is to get leads. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:21 PM

WGT would do well to issue a statement for the good of their business....Can't believe they not working on it in some way?  I don't think for one minute the top players are cheating.  I stay out of the RGs etc because I am not challenging them.  May head to the odd one and may sometimes get my money back but................Hec I am not even sure I want to put in the real hard yards making notes etc that I feel I would need to even find out how low I could shoot..maybe when i get my final set of irons I might try and dial them in and then really work on putting...maybe :)...

Farther down no smoke without fire and we will all be better off when confidence is restored.................................Salem style witch hunt, not wanted!

I will say though that Shoe you are a breath of fresh air.  The little communication you have given (able to) is appreciated.  However as I thought unless you are competing against the top players in an RG (good enough to do it) the minor spots may not be a level playing field. Certainly a short while there are were shortage of TMs wanting to play skins against me, but not MPC..........go figure!..I don't even look any more.

I know it's a hard one but what the game desperately requires is something that evens thing up to a high level.  IF WGT feel on whole that is then case then WGT would do themselves a HUGE favour formerly stating that! Until that happens guess just stay away from ALL challenges including RGs unless going for top spot 

........I suspect (and I know you can't say) but it's skins etc where the cheating will lurk............actually winning RGs / tourneys would be hard due to lack of ability and the ensuing spot light!

Shoe - great communication! Please pass on to whomever they must (IMO) issue a formal statement when they can or accept the gambling side off their revenue to tale off!  I also strongly suggest that the warning should be clearly put in some important notices so that all new joiners KNOW THIS.  I started up and just played, never even thought to go forum until recently, and so unless bango in your face will get caught out and that's V bad for all.................worse in the end for all concerned including WGT!

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:23 PM

Cheaters turn themselves in with a screenshot and an explanation why they are doing it!

It will never happen, how criminals turn themselve in??

I want a response to this wgt!

I feel (maybe i'm wrong) that you make the "ding" worthless and change irondistances with vem so often, that i never know how long my 4i will go in crosswind next time i have to use it. It can be various from 200 -220 yds, same wind same hole and same day! My guess is what you do to stop the cheaters, punish all the honor players for not using any  cheatsoftware.

Egon

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:24 PM

JFHuber:

<snip>  So WGT publish something to address the growing fears here.  Quite honestly as a loyal community of players we deserve that respect.

jfhuber

I snipped you just to get to what I think is the most important part. I agree with the above. But, if it never happens I won't be heart broken or troubled in the least. The cheaters never have cheated me. Frankly it's the wagering that's the problem. Possibly draconian but I'd get rid of RG's and wagering on any games. Cheating would have no purpose other than ego stroking.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:33 PM

jfhuber........wow gr8 speech n1 m8.

yep WGT we want something done,i can see a boycott coming on !!!!

nikic123:

- WGTdbloshoe why u use caps meazil dik ? 

fek that cracked me up nik...

RSS