Forums

Help › Forums

Is WGT become a Rip-off?

Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:59 PM (111 replies)
  • pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:00 AM

When I started playing in June of 1011, the game was catering to me because I was new. The starter set of clubs did what they said they would for hitting distance and the free wgt balls actually stuck after putting full down spin on.

When I got to Tour Pro level, the clubs and balls went inconsistent and nothing  worked so I did some surveys and bought Taylor Made Burner Irons and R9 Driver w/ R11 3  Wood. Also purchased  Callaway Balls.

Wow , what a difference, hitting farther and stopping on the greens. Had a good game one day and finished 9 holes at Kiawah  -4. Boom, I was moved up to Master level and almost immediately my clubs and balls went wild and my average went from 66.88 to 75.99 in an hour. Wonder who was controlling that? 

Found out that a Virtual Ethernet Module uses switching modules embedded in a VM( Virtual Module) and control plan software running in a VSM ( Virtual Switch Module).

What all that means is WGT can put a control change on you the minute you log in. This VEM can be set to any perameter they chose such as "let this person have a few good holes using their own knowledge of the game. Secondly at a specific time the VEM will switch to control right  or left shots wild, shorter then usual putts on greens, short or long shots to the green and then run for ever even with full down backspin.

WGT wants control of there game because they can weed out negative input and force players to buy better balls and clubs continually. That's one way they make money. The other is surveys. Interesting things about survey is , after you have answered all there survey, they tell you sorry you didn't qualify for the survey you just took. When you try to contact them, the contact doesn't work. If you do get to send them a contact, they will never respond back.

This hole game is feeling the economic crush of today and it doesn't look any brighter if things continue the way their going.

P.S. The Vem seems to only be out on those players who use WGT balls or still use WGT starter clubs in Master Level. Those who have spent a lot of money on equipment are not having to much trouble. If they are using the best clubs and balls money can buy they will not have problems related to a VEM placed on them. 

This is aggravated harassment  to control for monetary reasons. They can do whatever they want, it's their program. We don't have to play if we don't want the aggravation. 

My computer is set up to tell me when WGT is downloading info on my comp. and how much by % and kbs. Every game has to load some stuff but if you notice any strange reactions in you game, you will notice that is when they are loading the most info at anytime.

They will tell you that is normal because graphics require a large amount of bytes to display but if you go to settings on your WGT window and click on the little file to open it. Then click and drag the amount of kbs to the left all the way then click ok and on the next window cilck "Never ask me again". This will turn off some of the controlling features. Try it and see if it works for you when things just don't  seem right. See ya.   

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:01 AM

rglrguy:
    Why is it that they can sell you slower meter balls and clubs, and yet...........they have no control over meter problems????????

yep; just like the economy is gaining and unemployment is falling!  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:13 AM

One hell of a pipe dream. :-)

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:26 AM

Over the past year, I have had my battles with WGT, like how do you ding a putt and miss a 9" putt, how can you hit a driver 285 yds with a 21mph wind behind you and a downhill fairway, how do you hit a 100 yd wedge into a 5mph wind and have it go 114 yds? 

So what!! I was a scratch golfer 18 years ago, and the same thing happened to me reality golf on more times that I care to remember. I can't do that anymore, because my health won't allow it. I take WGT golf so seriously my wife thinks I should be in a rubber room. This is 1 terrific golf site and it gives me everything that I want out of golf without actually swinging the club physically.

I'm a Tour Master, with a 62.68 avg., hoping to get to Legend before I die. And it has cost me a total of $10. I do not buy credits because I cannot afford to . I earn the free credits and have all the top equipment that my level 89 will allow. I have just under 20,000 credits in the "bank"! I played in many a tourney (won a few) and hit what I thought was a terrific shot and was soooo wrong about it that I thought I was going to cry. IT HAPPENS.

Quit the game because WGT plays with my shots..........it's very annoying and frustrating..............but quit................NEVER!............I have made too many friends that I made here. Just before they cremate me I'll probably say: "Wait, just 1 more shot"!

JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!!!!!..........................................."see you in the short grass"

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:26 PM

I love being able to put my two cents into something... When you are in the right you must continue to come at WGT from every angle.. Like this one.. Coming to the forum with this was smart.. WGT is not  going to intentionally get over on one of it's better players or any player for that matter.. For 1600 credits.. Listen to how crazy that sounds.. You hear all kinds of players that cry and snivel about the way WGT makes money hand over fist.. So if that's the case just how important do you think $16.00 dollars is to them.. WGT is a business and I'm sure they don't want to lose you.. This sounds like a communication break down.. Not by you but by WGT.. So you should continue to play.. WGT should do a better job of communicating with it's members.. Especially when it involves money or earnings..I know if someone owes me money and they ain;t coming up with it.. I'll be outside in the parking lot leaning against their car when they get off work . Seriously.. Anyway I hope you get what you've worked hard for and if all else fails.. Wait for the big wheels at WGT  to get off work out in the parking lot and handle it.. LOL !! just kidding .. WGT.. Everyone just kidding.. = )

• BMF5
    81 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:50 PM

"Is WGT become a Rip-off?"

How could this be possible on a free to play game?

• racketz
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:29 PM

agree  entirely

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 1:19 AM

Starter set, front tees, unlimited balls, uneven lies. It's gettin' fun again.....

Trust me and many others, an 86 on Congressional can be better than a 60 on St Andy. Funner at least... better might be debatable.

RSS