Forums

Help › Forums

Is WGT become a Rip-off?

Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:59 PM (111 replies)
  • golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:46 PM

Another day of unnecessary bashing of the WGT. 2 out of 3 balls are in the drink. 44 "CREDITS" are spent on them. Are we buying credits, or earning credits? If we're buying credits, it's cost a few dollars and continuing to buy credits can and does run into significant $$$$. I don't buy credits. I spend time each day earning credits. I have a "bank" of just shy of XX,XXX credits. Did not buy a one. Use a ball that costs 550 credits. Every time I lose one, or one gets "taken out of play" I cringe. But it didn't cost me a dime. 

I make numerous enemies by expressing my opinions, which I hope are based on common sense and fact. This "rip-off" thread is nothing more than people looking for any excuse to bash the WGT. And yes, I'm on their "S***-list more times than not. But this is a game, people. And people play it different ways. It's the most realistic golf game on the internet, Except for those whose avg. is in the high 50's.......NOT REALISTIC. 

You want to bash something, fine. Bash the "cheats", Bash those playing under 4 different names, Bash those that deliberately disconnect when they are losing, Bash the nasty and arrogant AND Bash those that look to make up reasons to bash the WGT.

It's time for members to come to the defense of the WGT. If you are so sure you are being ripped-off, and you are so unhappy that you can't concentrate, then go play EA Sports, Tiger Woods. The WGT is far from being perfect. But there are hopefully more than just me that truly love this game. I have my own reasons, but I truly love this game and everything that it gives me. 

Reality golf and this virtual golf are both "NOT A GAME OF PERFECT"! And the sooner that "FACT" is realized and accepted, the more pleasure and fun can be enjoyed by ALL!!!! And threads like this one will be totally unnecessary!!!!!!

"see you in the short grass"....................................."gv"

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:59 PM

I've been playing this game for 3 years now......

I've noticed in the last year or so that quite a few people have been saying that Wgt is a business..... This might be true, but... Big Mistake

Big mistake meaning....   This is still a game ...that 90% of us like to play.... Take the business out of the mix and it's still a game.

If you want it to be

Wgt started way back in the stone age.... as a bussiness, back then it cost a cent or two to get credits(not a cent, but ya know what I mean), another internet way to make big bucks....  good luck to em...

They started a game... we all enjoy(it's crap if you don't enjoy it) and good luck to the people who has made my life a bit better at least.

If you don't want to spend money on it...... you don't have to.

If you want to compete and try to win credits.... then you have to spend money.

Your choice peoples......   don't blame Wgt...... Your Call

Just Enjoy and Keep Smiling

Roger

RSS