Forums

Help › Forums

Is WGT become a Rip-off?

Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:59 PM (111 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:55 PM

boressie:

I decided to quit this game because what is happening becomes extremely weird.

This month  I wanted to beat my record of matchplay points.

For those who do not know what that is. Each matchplay win gives you some points (which are also useless).

So,  if you are legend and  win against another legend you earn 5 matchplay points, T Master 4, master 3  ... U can see these points on your matchplay stats.

Matchplay points are awarded each month.

I decided to break the record of 1000 matchplay points this month.

On February 26, I had 995 MP points. I faced 4 players (2 legends and 2 T Masters)

And I won the 4 challenges (the last 4 wins on my profile) and am supposed to earn 1600 credits bet.

Logically, I should see my points total go to 1013.

Only one win was taken into account; one against T master. my total is now 999 points.

To this day, despite my complaints, I have not received my credits or my points.

They still do not want to answer my requests. They dont give me any reason.

So I decided to stop playing this game, until they decide to give me my due.

I am so sad and cant play anymore, cause of this unfairness. 

All those who have already challenged me know what kind of player I am.

Boy I hope you don't give up and walk away for good. It took a couple of minutes for it to sink in but for 1000 points you had to win 200 matches in a month or more. That's stunning.

• rglrguy
    442 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:23 PM

They Do Not Care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They only care about the money!!!!! When you quit, they think 4 more suckers...............I mean players, will sign up for this rip-off. 

Why is it that they can sell you slower meter balls and clubs, and yet...........they have no control over meter problems????????

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:12 PM

I didnt until now. Only 4 MP points for a win against a T master.

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:16 PM
    I could continue playing if I know the game is fair. This is not the case right now.
  • boressie
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:21 PM

LOL, i know it. Thats why i am so sad, cause i know how tough it is to beat these guys more than 200 times. Its probably what WGT doesnt want.lol 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:26 PM

boressie:

LOL, i know it. Thats why i am so sad, cause i know how tough it is to beat these guys more than 200 times. Its probably what WGT doesnt want.lol 

Yes an incredible feat! If you submitted the report to WGT, remember it does sadly take a little time, but I am sure you will get your credits. You could also wall post Icon to see if he can look into it for you.

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:27 PM

I

chris2345:

In answer to the title, I think many would say that is true. The range in the pro shop has expanded at a very quick rate in the past 18 months or so. The game can now be very expensive for those who put their own money into it. It is clear WGT are taking alot more money now, much much more.

But the game seems to have less investment put into it. The rate of producing new courses has slowed, and the same bugs that have been here for years are still here (& a whole host of new ones to boot.) With the much increased  revenue I think it's fair to expect that instead of things slowing they should had sped up, or at the very least, kept on an even keel.

I agree man

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:02 AM

Hopefully WGT 2 will realize selling to more for less is better than getting more from less.

People have left this game in droves. Can't have much more time here.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:08 AM

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where this game is going. Hopefully they use toilet paper.

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:20 AM

I doubt the game will die in the foreseeable.

But I do agree with the point that things one can buy and use have gone up and up both in choices and expense - yet that's pretty much the only thing that has gone up and up.

Back when I started (and before I left for quite a while) the "go to" top ball was about 300 creds for a sleeve.  First place in a free weekly got a legend about 270 creds.  Now ball performance has increases "a bit" but you can pay double.  First place in a free weekly is still 270....

Even the offers are nothing in comparison to when I started.  One gave me 250 creds for every $5 worth of flowers I sent my wife.  I bought my clubs with that offer.  The same place and offer is still there - except now you get 250 creds TOTAL.

And after a long lay off, except for new clubs and balls, only the same courses to play stroke on.  Mmmmm.

RSS