Forums

Help › Forums

Is WGT become a Rip-off?

Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:59 PM (111 replies)
  • boressie
    45 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:00 PM

I decided to quit this game because what is happening becomes extremely weird.

This month  I wanted to beat my record of matchplay points.

For those who do not know what that is. Each matchplay win gives you some points (which are also useless).

So,  if you are legend and  win against another legend you earn 5 matchplay points, T Master 4, master 3  ... U can see these points on your matchplay stats.

Matchplay points are awarded each month.

I decided to break the record of 1000 matchplay points this month.

On February 26, I had 995 MP points. I faced 4 players (2 legends and 2 T Masters)

And I won the 4 challenges (the last 4 wins on my profile) and am supposed to earn 1600 credits bet.

Logically, I should see my points total go to 1013.

Only one win was taken into account; one against T master. my total is now 999 points.

To this day, despite my complaints, I have not received my credits or my points.

They still do not want to answer my requests. They dont give me any reason.

So I decided to stop playing this game, until they decide to give me my due.

I am so sad and cant play anymore, cause of this unfairness. 

All those who have already challenged me know what kind of player I am.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:19 PM

Personally as I don't generally play challenges, I am not sure whether points are accrued for challenges like normal m/p but would have to assume they are based on your m/p record. I therefore assume the system may have a flaw limiting the points to a 999. Perhaps Icon could explain this.

However this would not explain why the credits were not received unless there is a limitation on a monthly points basis and sends the system into a spin?

Email WGT if you haven't already done so.

Finally you obviously love playing the game, so by refusing to play over a small issue means you are the one missing out on something you enjoy doing.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:08 PM

Alanti, I must agree.

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:38 PM

Have had my own problems with WGT, but to stop playing a game you obviously love and are good at, would make you a 2 time loser. So, although we have never met, I strongly urge you to continue playing, and continue to email WGTand give them more time to respond. It took almost 10 days to get 2700 credits, they actually backed me up against the lowlifes that we get free credits from. So, bite the bullet, swallow hard, and continue playing. It WILL probably be taken care of shortly..."see you in the short grass"

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 2:21 PM

In answer to the title, I think many would say that is true. The range in the pro shop has expanded at a very quick rate in the past 18 months or so. The game can now be very expensive for those who put their own money into it. It is clear WGT are taking alot more money now, much much more.

But the game seems to have less investment put into it. The rate of producing new courses has slowed, and the same bugs that have been here for years are still here (& a whole host of new ones to boot.) With the much increased  revenue I think it's fair to expect that instead of things slowing they should had sped up, or at the very least, kept on an even keel.

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 3:23 PM

amen to that!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 3:37 PM

hi

i wanted to ask: did u get the credits for those 4 wins but only points for first win?

-wgticon

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 3:43 PM

chris2345:

In answer to the title, I think many would say that is true. The range in the pro shop has expanded at a very quick rate in the past 18 months or so. The game can now be very expensive for those who put their own money into it. It is clear WGT are taking alot more money now, much much more.

But the game seems to have less investment put into it. The rate of producing new courses has slowed, and the same bugs that have been here for years are still here (& a whole host of new ones to boot.) With the much increased  revenue I think it's fair to expect that instead of things slowing they should had sped up, or at the very least, kept on an even keel.

Very very true but i have a feeling wgt does not see when stuff like that is said. If they do they ignore it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:27 PM

golfvader7:
    but to stop playing a game you obviously love and are good at, would make you a 2 time loser.

^^^This.

IDK about being a loser but quitting over something  you admit is useless seems a bit much. Who's getting hurt there? 

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:42 PM

I apologize....perhaps I used the wrong words. I in no way meant what it now sounds like. In no way are you a loser, but rather that you would lose out 2x, once with the credits, once with not playing anymore. Yes, I think that sounds much better and does explain what I really meant.

My deepest apologies if I offended you by using the improper wordage.

PS- Thanks for pointing that out YJ.......btw, I too, am a Yankee fanatic. Have been for 50+ years!

RSS