Forums

Help › Forums

The Cheats Aren't A Myth!

Wed, Apr 6 2016 5:27 AM (287 replies)
  • bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:04 PM

I hit the ding between 50% and 75% of the time, depending on the day. Dinging is not the answer. Hitting CLOSE is just about as good.

Incidentally, I'll never be top notch until I learn how to putt. Nothing to do with the ding.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:18 PM

that is the most true statement ever

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:26 AM

I might be in the neighborhood of 60% or 70% ding.

I usually don't miss by much when i do though. Some days that's more punishing then others though.

Even if some program could offer to ding 100% I'm not so sure it would help that much, but I somehow doubt any program could do that anyways.

I recall reading a forum somewhere where a program like that was tested, maybe wgtls, and the report was not good and the program did not deliver as promised.

No program is going to chip, pitch and putt for you.

You want to get better, practice, read, learn, practice some more, know your clubs and balls and what the wind will do, plain and simple. And most important, putt well.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:20 AM

Alright now, i think we might be missing the picture here, lol. Most of the cheaters that use 3rd party software do not have Auto Dingers. If you did not know, the software they use slows the meter down to a crawl, makes Max balls meter speed look like lightning, lmao.

Just think if your meter was so slow you could smoke half a cigarette before meter got to ding, lol. Would that not be nice??? Will not go any further, do your homework gents.

I will say though, if i had meter that was that slow, i would be dangerous, lol.

Gerald

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:34 AM

An auto ding program might not help your chipping, pitching & putting or help with reading wind but put an auto dinger in the hands of someone who can chip, pitch & putt & know how to play the wind and they'd be unbeatable.

There's cheats in this game just like any other and we probably can't even begin to imagine how many there are but if you know of any and have proof then report them. That's all we can do.

I'm a purist and strongly believe that no help/aid of any kind should be used to play this game. I have putter pal and i'd probably feel that was cheating if i didn't pay wgt to use it.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:59 PM

DAZZA501:
    I have putter pal and i'd probably feel that was cheating if i didn't pay wgt to use it.

Herein lies the irony... For $6 a sleeve you can have a nice slow meter without being called a cheat. To have that same slow meter without paying WGT for the privilege makes one a cheater... It's almost comical.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:13 PM

DAZZA501:
    I'm a purist and strongly believe that no help/aid of any kind should be used to play this game. I have putter pal and i'd probably feel that was cheating if i didn't pay wgt to use it.

In the same boat, except for the putter pal. But not cause I'd think it was cheating. I just hate the damn thing, I learned to do everything by feel alone and those lines completely mess up my putting.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:29 AM

geraldlarousse:

Alright now, i think we might be missing the picture here, lol. Most of the cheaters that use 3rd party software do not have Auto Dingers. If you did not know, the software they use slows the meter down to a crawl, makes Max balls meter speed look like lightning, lmao.

The Max Balls are not that slow anymore...  the speed has quickened up. Still a good speed but before the speed was like watching grass grow.

-Roger

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:48 AM

geraldlarousse:

Just think if your meter was so slow you could smoke half a cigarette before meter got to ding, lol. Would that not be nice??? Will not go any further, do your homework gents.

I will say though, if i had meter that was that slow, i would be dangerous, lol.

Gerald

Out of interest I just went and did a quick search googled wgt slow meter and it was on page 2. Installed it after virus checking and did as said and it was about as effective as a fishnet condom. Heck I even switched to the starter balls and still no change in speed. So if they have it the effect is just a placebo.

N.B. It has now been uninstalled and would have been even if it did work.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:56 AM

If you would have searched for How to slow down Flash Player you would have found that it can be done.

Towards the end of this thread Stuttering Meter you will see how the frame rates can or should be adjusted.

Which brings me to this point. There has been talk about the Max balls in this thread. Don't you think the programmers are slowing something down to make the meter slower.

RSS