Forums

Help › Forums

The Cheats Aren't A Myth!

Wed, Apr 6 2016 5:27 AM (287 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:49 PM

superewok:

But seeing as others in this thread believe hitting the ding 100% of the time doesn't prove anything, how would WGT combat the problem (if at all)?

This is True.  You Don't have to hit the Ding to hit a good shot. Helps in certain wind conditions, like cross winds. The only time i would ding is if there is a straight wind arrow going up or down

Slightly missing the Ding and also using different spin options (where you move the dot on the ball) can be useful. Takes a bit of practice. 

I found also the slightly missing the ding is also good if your playing the U/lies.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:55 PM

one of the reason i said hitting the ding allot does not mean anything is cause i hit the ding around 90% of the time and my scores are crap.

if you want to hit the ding allot dont watch the bar as its coming back down just get a bit of masking tape put it jut before the ding and as soon as u see it emerge u hit the mouse button, move it around till it works simples

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:07 PM

Joshnosh:

one of the reason i said hitting the ding allot does not mean anything is cause i hit the ding around 90% of the time and my scores are crap.

Thank feck someone else suffers as I do!  :-)    I spent so much effort getting control of the meter that these new fangled balls with more feel scare the bejesus out of me.  I look at them thinking "they have to help" but then I think I'll be hooking the snot out of everything by clicking early.

....this game..... lol

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:19 PM

Joshnosh:

if you want to hit the ding allot dont watch the bar as its coming back down just get a bit of masking tape put it jut before the ding and as soon as u see it emerge u hit the mouse button, move it around till it works simples

Alternatively don't sit at 90 degrees square to the monitor, sit at an angle either to the left or right.  Sitting square on requires you to move your head whilst watching the meter approach the ding. Sitting at an angle means your eyes can follow the meter without turning your head.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:31 PM

Hitting the ding does not guarantee a good shot. Hitting the ding merely means that the precision associated with your equipment comes into play and determines (partially) the amount of deviation you will see.

Missing the ding does not guarantee a bad shot. Missing the ding merely means that the forgiveness associated with your equipment comes into play and determines (partially) the amount of deviation you will see.

Add to these the additional deviations (wind, balance, etc.) and prepare to see some WTF shots.

• jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:21 PM

+1000 lol even when i do hit ding i see wtf shots...im so used to it that it has become part of the game lately. 

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:34 PM

bubbadork:
    Five years, level 77 master? Pay more attention to the game and quit going to those alien conspiracy conventions in Roswell.

haha!!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:07 AM

giantfan5611:
    Oh yeah....he was also sitting on over 300,000 credits too!

With 300,000 credits - this guy has a sure fire way to commit suicide.

You can get Chad on the phone for 3 hours !!!!!

Chances are I'd probably drop dead from boredom before the 1st hour was over.

Oh wait .. that was Sam ... from over a year ago .. he's polite enough to not die - but he might need a lobotomy after it was over :)

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:31 AM

I just did a quick check and I must be deluding myself I actually hit the ding only 74% of the time DOH!

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:40 PM

hit the ding all you want.if you cant or don't know how or where to aim..ding wont help one bit ,        ..,I am at about 15% of a ding hitter

RSS