Help › Forums

The Cheats Aren't A Myth!

Wed, Apr 6 2016 5:27 AM (287 replies)
  • Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 4:08 AM

sandbagging/staying in the same tier/cheating/exploiting

its all the same thing isn't it?

sure using programs to cheat is cheating, but so is misrepresenting and multiaccounting and exploits but wgt seems to be ok with it.....

im fairly sure most clean players are not ok with it but what can be done?

haven't seen much done in my time here lol

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 5:26 AM

Wontonamo:

sandbagging/staying in the same tier/cheating/exploiting

its all the same thing isn't it?

sure using programs to cheat is cheating, but so is misrepresenting and multiaccounting and exploits but wgt seems to be ok with it.....

im fairly sure most clean players are not ok with it but what can be done?

haven't seen much done in my time here lol

IMHO, the only sure way to defeat cheating is to simply play for fun....with nothing on the line, it's hardly worth the time and trouble for anyone to cheat.  If you want to gamble money, play a lottery...odds are against you, but at least you know it up front.....:)

ct

• limitles0
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2016 8:14 PM

Never thought the sandbagging was worth their time.  A few yards closer to the green.  Not a big difference.

My last two matches however, the 'hacks' I was playing either won the match or tied by taking gimme putts in the seven foot range, while I was lying closer to the hole was made to putt.

Taking two putts at least six feet in length is a huge advantage, especially when the competitor is not truly a hack.

I'm going to make the sandbaggers experience uncomfortable until management steps up.

Also I screen shot these cheaters for future considerations.

• borntobesting
    9,630 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:12 AM

limitles0:

Never thought the sandbagging was worth their time.  A few yards closer to the green.  Not a big difference.

My last two matches however, the 'hacks' I was playing either won the match or tied by taking gimme putts in the seven foot range, while I was lying closer to the hole was made to putt.

Taking two putts at least six feet in length is a huge advantage, especially when the competitor is not truly a hack.

I'm going to make the sandbaggers experience uncomfortable until management steps up.

Also I screen shot these cheaters for future considerations.

So which of your other accounts played these matches?? Because a quick look at your  profile shows that this account   is a level 7 hack and has played only 1 ranked round and no matches. That's right no matches what so ever. If you played anything it might have been in practice mode and you as a hack could have taken the same gimmes that they took. But I doubt that this account played anything except that one round. So management might step up but not the way you wanted.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:22 AM

+1 BTB

Account since Nov 15, level 7 hmmmm

Plus add to the fact, as a "fellow Hack" he could also take the gimmies (I assume).

More holes than a sieve 

Edit...changed  to 15....damn laptop...or fat fingers

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:26 AM

Willing to bet his other account had  TDS in front of limit .

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 11:54 AM

alanti:

+1 BTB

Account since Nov 16, level 7 hmmmm

Plus add to the fact, as a "fellow Hack" he could also take the gimmies (I assume).

More holes than a sieve 

Another one coming to court with dirty hands and a guilty conscience. He's upset because he ran into a better cheater than himself?...lol

• Ian404
    65 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2016 6:07 PM

I've never posted before but this is quite interesting.

Firstly this is a game and should be enjoyed, but it it should also be enjoyable.

SteveW65, you comments and advice are very sensible, thanks and yes there are some really great players out there. I do have a couple of thoughts though.

Firstly, it seems that WGT are either not interested, do not have the resources or cannot be bothered with various problems that arise and I suppose it then comes down to individuals as to whether they/we want to play or not.

With regard to cheating my view changes. Cheating is not good for any game but perhaps we should look at why people cheat. Is it for personal status, is it because they are incapable of getting up the ladder on ability alone or do they just want to win regardless.

If, however, it is for financial or monetary gain then I have to ask the question, are these individuals actually committing a criminal act. They (the cheaters) may not look upon it as such but if they are then maybe WGT should take a more serious view.

If you feel that way keep complaining.

In the coins head to head I have come across numerous players that play far better than their handicap or tier would suggest, maybe dual account holders. I have forwarded details to WGT but it's obviously in the too hard basket.

Overall a great game and I have met some great people.

The idea of playing in CC tourneys and against 'friends' only may be the answer, don't support other tournaments?

Ian    

• jacktrade51
    10,936 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 10:38 PM

There are 2 problems.  One is cheat programs.  That has been discussed in various forums a lot.  I even saw replay of a major WGT tourney final last year ago where 1 of the players had cheat program icon on screen.

Second is equally evil.  Cheaters cancelling out and starting anew under new name.  I've been doing WGT for 2.5 years.  Imagine how much better I could blast through the early levels, knowing what to buy, how to play bunkers and rough ... in effect, TL/Legend knowledge playing against new people.  Avoid tiering up by playing par 3's, par 5's and other stuff.

It is out of hand.  WGT needs at least to start automatically running IP addresses to compare.  Won't cure entire problem but it will help.

Otherwise, don't put up money for WGT tourneys as noted above.  Stick to club.  And maybe WGT should reduce the 20% tax on club purses.

jacktrade51.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2016 11:27 PM

WOW! He/She only needs 100,000 more credits to get a

MAX CC Putter

RSS