Forums

Help › Forums

The Cheats Aren't A Myth!

Wed, Apr 6 2016 5:27 AM (287 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 9:11 AM

If you abort all your bad rounds you'll end up with a nice score history...

I have many times requested mre stats, mainly I would like to have stats for time periods, like last week, last month and so in rather than just accumulated GIR since day one. A stat saying Games started/finished could discourage people from restarting after the first bad shot.

Of course, I don't know if that is the explanation for the example in the post above, but it could be.

• JBraithwaite
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 7:22 AM

Deny all you want, when you check the stats of people who win the weekly events every single wee,k you either have people who do nothing but play this game all day, every day or you have cheat someplace in the game...I get frustrated with the game because of the inconsistency of the ball flight and impact of the uphill chips or downhill rolls...so when it happens to me, I can only assume it happens to everyone the same. But then these people, playing the same conditions are 15 - 20 strokes better than every single week (and I do hit the ball flush most times and average par in the game...)

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 9:24 AM

JBraithwaite:
    people who do nothing but play this game all day

I've won the odd tourny JB, and I definitely don't play all day lol. I think we all felt the same at one time or another - 'how the hell do they shoot those scores'. But seriously, many (maybe not all) shoot those scores because they are really good at this game. A few pointers which may help:

1. Get rid of your fairway/5 wood and replace it with a 3rd wedge. You want a wedge that shoots around 50yds, one around 75yds and one around 100 yds - then really take the time to learn punch, flop, chip with them - saves you so many shots! 

2. NOTHING beats learning the courses. Many holes play 5/10yds longer than it looks, some play shorter - learning the holes will help you make more birdies.

3. Putting - sub 15ft putts, look at reverse view in chip mode, more accurate than putting view. Learn the speeds so you can roll a good couple of feet past the hole - never up, never in! 

4. Do you REALLY care? It's just a game! Go out and enjoy it. We all know that a hack who has been playing 2 days doesn't shoot 60 at St Andrews - that will just be a multi-accounter. Ignore them - they usually get bored quite quickly. Enjoy your CC, play lots of alt shot games with friends, chill and have fun.

Of course, if you really want to compete with the best here - and they really are genuinely good at this - you need to put the hours and effort in, just like real golf. Took me 4 years, and I rarely get anywhere near lol. 

All the best

Steve

• Timone1963
    4 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 9:26 AM
    Ever changing game
    20 Oct

Over the past year and a half I have been playing this game and enjoying it very much.

But now I am beginning to see a constant change in all facets of the game.  I have been trying to keep up with the changes but it is becoming ridiculous .

There is always a new green speed that is being introduced, wind speed has been changed, the slope of the greens is different and they continue to change.

It seems as soon as I get o the point to where I can shoot a lower score to improve my score or make a little money playing a tournament there is another change. Several of my playing friends are noticing the same issue. 

Tournament 12 now is 12.2, 13 and others. The wind speed has changed. Not that it is slower or faster, ,the way that it effects ball flight is different.  We are now having to adjust to all new speed changes. Even if the greens are tournament 12, the way the balls roll is different. For instance: we used to be able to putt through a small break on a short putt up to 5 ft. Now the same speed of break requires us to adjust for the break more.

I have always enjoyed the challenge of he game but now it seem that WGT is only interested in changing the game consistently to keep us from moving forward and/or spend more money but not attain the levels we deserve.

I have spent money on this  game because I want to.  But now I am ready to move to another  game if these changes are going to continue so that we are not going to be able to move forward. 

WGT please listen, many of us have put hundreds into this game and have been patient and supported this game. Can anyone tell me why now those of us who have been here are now being made to change all we know so that more money can be made?

I don't cheat so I guess those who do, with such low scores,  will continue to win and players who don't have to deal with being honest

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 9:39 AM

SteveW65:

JBraithwaite:
    people who do nothing but play this game all day

I've won the odd tourny JB, and I definitely don't play all day lol. I think we all felt the same at one time or another - 'how the hell do they shoot those scores'. But seriously, many (maybe not all) shoot those scores because they are really good at this game. A few pointers which may help:

1. Get rid of your fairway/5 wood and replace it with a 3rd wedge. You want a wedge that shoots around 50yds, one around 75yds and one around 100 yds - then really take the time to learn punch, flop, chip with them - saves you so many shots! 

2. NOTHING beats learning the courses. Many holes play 5/10yds longer than it looks, some play shorter - learning the holes will help you make more birdies.

3. Putting - sub 15ft putts, look at reverse view in chip mode, more accurate than putting view. Learn the speeds so you can roll a good couple of feet past the hole - never up, never in! 

4. Do you REALLY care? It's just a game! Go out and enjoy it. We all know that a hack who has been playing 2 days doesn't shoot 60 at St Andrews - that will just be a multi-accounter. Ignore them - they usually get bored quite quickly. Enjoy your CC, play lots of alt shot games with friends, chill and have fun.

Of course, if you really want to compete with the best here - and they really are genuinely good at this - you need to put the hours and effort in, just like real golf. Took me 4 years, and I rarely get anywhere near lol. 

All the best

Steve

Steve...your post contains the best advice I have seen on this site.  I especially agree with point #4.  Very well penned, sir.

ct

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 9:59 AM

ct690911:
    I especially agree with point #4.

Finding a great CC makes such a difference doesn't it. Hacking around with your mates, laughing and just enjoying the craic. The friendships you can make are very special - I have had the good fortune of meeting a very special person from your homeland ct - which would never have happened without this game. We've even got to the point of exchanging gifts - he sends me Calgary Flames merchandise and I'm sending him TT Races stuff! And he's just one of many good friends.

This place is full of lifelong friends you haven't met yet! And maybe this is one of those important things that isn't pushed as much as it should be. 

Anyway, thanks for your kind comment ct. And I enjoyed your blog posts - v much.

Cheers

Steve

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 3:15 PM

Timone1963:
    But now I am ready to move to another  game

A gamer rather than a golfer.

In golf conditions change constantly. Green speeds vary hole to hole depending on sun, drainage, wind etc. Winds swirl and die down....pick up, Basically there are no constants in golf. This is a game, and in my view, what it is trying to replicate is some of the inconsistencies you get in the real game.

The game is a challenge and if it wasn't many players would quit as it is too easy, that has been the problem with many golf games in the past.

Just remember, just because players score low does not mean they cheat - a gross generalisation. They do so by learning every aspect of the game and have played thousands of rounds. I am not naïve to say players do not cheat but casting all players in the same boat is simply wrong.

A quick look at your stats, especially the short game shows how little you have learnt or adjusted.......blame is not on the game but on the user I am afraid.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:11 AM

If U wanna spot the cheaters look at the Ready To Go CTTH's.

A few, talking only about 4-5, are too constant in top 5 with scores constantly below 50 (80% of the time). They are not good. They just dont suffer the missed dings that other really good players do. They are so easy to spot.

I know how to shoot the correct distance and adjust for wind but my average score is around 70 and standard placement around 11.

Occasionally I get a 130 and I have seen other players of the highest quality do the same, like Fmagnets and Sebicu. This never happens for the users of autodinger.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:19 AM

yep also don't forget the bozos that try to shoot 60-70 for unlimited 9hole tourneys to bump their avgs up while shooting sub60s and sub30s in rgs and single play tourneys lol

too many to list here lmao

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2015 4:01 AM

Wontonamo:

yep also don't forget the bozos that try to shoot 60-70 for unlimited 9hole tourneys to bump their avgs up while shooting sub60s and sub30s in rgs and single play tourneys lol

too many to list here lmao

Isn't that classic "sand-bagging"?....or perhaps I'm a bit confused on the definition.

RSS