• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:12 AM

ty Pizza

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:38 AM

WGTpizza:
    If you are playing WGT with a 3rd party program that affects your gameplay, WGT will know, and your account may be immediately and permanently disabled.

Let's be clear here, the operative word is "affects."  None of these assists being offered do that, therefore they are nothing more than fancy calculators. 

^^This is why I'm ragging on you, Gary.  :-D

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:39 AM

YankeeJim:
    Let's be clear here, the operative word is "affects."  None of these assists being offered do that, therefore they are nothing more than fancy calculators. 

Agreed. However you want to try to calculate your shot, whether that's in your head or on a fancy calculator, is up to you :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:57 AM

My part in this discussion ( that I started ) is over. I brought up an issue now we just have to sit back and watch. So I guess with probably 90% of the players using the glorified calculator it will be now who can tweek the calculator the best. 

With the max ball and it's slow meter all I can say is the competition is going to get very very hard. Sorry If I offended anyone, but I had to get it off my chest.

Still would like to see play WGT for when you play alone, might be fun.   

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:12 PM

I find it kinda ironic that both Woodworkery and YJ, two guys who work with tape measures, saw guides, squares, laser guides constantly in their cabinet making / carpentry businesses every single day prefer to not use any benign helps in this game.  Likely they get enough of "measure twice cut once" in their work so free wheeling it in this game might be some kind of release for them.  Just an observation, no offense meant.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:41 PM

WGTpizza:

SOYEL1:
    You can just google "perfect meter wgt"

Just passing through, let me just say my piece and leave:

Do not attempt to use a 3rd party program that affects your WGT gameplay.

If you are playing WGT with a 3rd party program that affects your gameplay, WGT will know, and your account may be immediately and permanently disabled.

Carry on  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Never said I am using it. If you read my previous post will see what it says.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:43 PM

SOYEL1:
    Never said I am using it.

...and I never accused you of "using it". I read your previous post, which is why I did not accuse you.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:54 PM

andyson:

I find it kinda ironic that both Woodworkery and YJ, two guys who work with tape measures, saw guides, squares, laser guides constantly in their cabinet making / carpentry businesses every single day prefer to not use any benign helps in this game.  Likely they get enough of "measure twice cut once" in their work so free wheeling it in this game might be some kind of release for them.  Just an observation, no offense meant.

None taken andy, but all those tools you mention would be like the clubs in your bag, the laser is the ( calculator so to speak) which has to be tweeked also.

I prefer not to use the laser on my saw ..........LOL 

Gary

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 1:11 PM

Woodoworkery:
    but all those tools you mention

I refer to them as my caddie.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 1:28 PM

andyson:
    Likely they get enough of "measure twice cut once" in their work so free wheeling it in this game might be some kind of release for them.  Just an observation, no offense meant.

None taken, either, and  you might be onto something. Eyeballing measurements gets quite easy after a while and the same sort of applies here. You see a situation enough times and you gain the brain equivalent of muscle memory. I can see 1/16th out of square when building something and I believe it helps here. Using math and geometry every day has its advantages.

RSS