Forums

Help › Forums

Programs are getting out of hand

Tue, Jan 8 2013 2:11 PM (49 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:18 PM

OH I will say that sometimes the program is having a hard time loading but the clock keeps on ticking, never did understand that when after the last putt is made, it is less than 1 second and the continue page pops up. That page never has a problem loading

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:40 PM

Woody,

Are you speaking  of a computer generated program that allows a player to hit the near perfect shot every time? Or are you speaking of players who are so into this game they have taken the time to figure out how to hit the perfect shot on their own within 90sec.? To me that is exactly what any  golfer has to do to compete at the top or anywhere else in the golf world! I myself play for enjoyment, relaxation and comraderie, but can't fault anyone who takes the time and has the talent to play at the upper levels. I don't know for sure but I believe pro golfers have longer than 90 sec. to figure out their next shot!!! Just sayin!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:54 PM

Woodoworkery:
    Your missing the point, the program is there, the program needs to be fine tuned. Then you are playing against the program and not a player. The only way to stop it is to cut the time to shoot.

Wrong. you are still playing the player. The program can tell the player how far the ball needs to be hit but it doesn't hit the shot. The player hits the shot and if he doesn't hit it well then the best program around won't help!

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:34 AM

borntobesting:

Woodoworkery:
    Your missing the point, the program is there, the program needs to be fine tuned. Then you are playing against the program and not a player. The only way to stop it is to cut the time to shoot.

Wrong. you are still playing the player. The program can tell the player how far the ball needs to be hit but it doesn't hit the shot. The player hits the shot and if he doesn't hit it well then the best program around won't help!

I play by feel, get in the low 30's and 20's often, have good and bad rounds.. Have posted a few videos of me playing..Pull and push some and get those wtf shots from time to time. The other day I was playing someone(not mentioning names) and that player mentioned a program...sort of autoding... The player said it is "legal" because the webpage claims it is legal.. with all words. I warned the player and said it cannot be legal for the same reason they made it undetectable. If it were legal there would be no need to claim it is undetectable... Didn't try it but bet some are using it. Just google:

PerfectMeter

(Link didn't work when I tried to post it here)

I don't even know if it works. I don't mind setting up games for less than 45 seconds, usually take less than that, the game is basically maths and common sense... and luck too. I know there are things a program cannot read or feel, but a mixture of human and program help is an advantage. I also feel that the slow meter balls WGT introduced is a cheat for money.. cause it gives players an advantage too, but maybe so is real world, a cheat.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:51 AM

SOYEL1:

borntobesting:

Woodoworkery:

I play by feel, get in the low 30's and 20's often, have good and bad rounds.. Have posted a few videos of me playing..Pull and push some and get those wtf shots from time to time. The other day I was playing someone(not mentioning names) and that player mentioned a program...sort of autoding... The player said it is "legal" because the webpage claims it is legal.. with all words. I warned the player and said it cannot be legal for the same reason they made it undetectable. If it were legal there would be no need to claim it is undetectable... Didn't try it but bet some are using it. Just google:

PerfectMeter

(Link didn't work when I tried to post it here)

I don't even know if it works. I don't mind setting up games for less than 45 seconds, usually take less than that, the game is basically maths and common sense... and luck too. I know there are things a program cannot read or feel, but a mixture of human and program help is an advantage. I also feel that the slow meter balls WGT introduced is a cheat for money.. cause it gives players an advantage too, but maybe so is real world, a cheat.

I have seen that perfect meter program back in my Mateur days when I searched the web for "WGT cheats" after playing with someone that said they used it.  I am not so sure that it works as it is intended to work and have no intentions of finding out either.  To me, that is pure laziness and that is unacceptable.  

The slow meter balls, however, I don't feel are a cheat for money nor do they give an advantage as they are available to anyone on the site, so it gives everyone the opportunity to use the same piece of equipment available from WGT.  I play the Max and the slow meter Calloway because at my age and dexterity level I need all the help I can get just to keep up with the younger players who hae excellent hand eye coordination.  I do use an excel spread shee to calculate some difficult shots and that is because it is faster than using a calculator. Nothing wrong with that at all.  

Everyone has to play the game the way they see fit,  I only play for enjoyment as I do not play in credit games.  If I can't enjoy it, I am not going to play it.  (WGT is getting me to that point rapidly with their VEM)

just sayin

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:16 AM

What programs are you all talking about here? Are they actual cheat programs?

I play by feel and experience. The experience comes from when I purchase clubs and map them out with the balls I use. After time you know how far each club goes with each amonut of backspin. Ok, sometimes you know how far they go. It's getting a little ummm, "crazy" lately.

The only time I take more than 20-30 secs or so to hit is when I'm trying to do math in my head for the wind and get the aim correct. Or when I have a long breaking putt.

I don't use any kind of tape or layover thing or putter helper scale. I do have a simple text document I call up from time to time if I forget how far a certain wedge goes when choking it per avatar movements though.

I've always considered the scales or layover things to be cheating. Hell WGT even created the putter scale thing to HELP players cheat lol

If they want to make the meter up of percentages they need to make the meter percentages. They shouldn't charge to convert it to percentages. That's not how the game was intended to be played.

• sebicu
    427 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:29 AM

you can make a 15 sec timer to hit drives and approaches ( not possible but just saying ) and 30 sec for putting and i will play. so like Kris said challenge accepted

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:05 AM

DarSum:
    What programs are you all talking about here? Are they actual cheat programs

Fancy calculators, DS, that's all they are-applets that take away the manual calculations everybody does. 

Shame on you Gary for thinking a dressed up calculator is why anybody is shooting a good score. That's total BS and if you think it isn't, quit playing. Not everybody can add 2 + 2 and divide by 1.3 and multiply by something else in their head. Some need help and if any of these were really cheats don't you think WGT would be all over stopping discussions about them, not to mention not allowing those that want them to get them right here in this very forum?

This BS argument has been going on for over 3 years and you crying about it is just perpetuating it.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:34 AM

YankeeJim:

DarSum:
    What programs are you all talking about here? Are they actual cheat programs

Fancy calculators, DS, that's all they are-applets that take away the manual calculations everybody does. 

Shame on you Gary for thinking a dressed up calculator is why anybody is shooting a good score. That's total BS and if you think it isn't, quit playing. Not everybody can add 2 + 2 and divide by 1.3 and multiply by something else in their head. Some need help and if any of these were really cheats don't you think WGT would be all over stopping discussions about them, not to mention not allowing those that want them to get them right here in this very forum?

This BS argument has been going on for over 3 years and you crying about it is just perpetuating it.

JIm you are really come in down on me because, I am saying it's getting out of hand with all these programs, Jeez man look at the leader boards, even in UL tourneys. If all you want to do is play AS I guess it's fine, but when the only two alternatives to get credits is surveys and tournaments it starts to  get to you. I shot a 29 in last weeks 9 hole tourney and I think I was 30 something. No one is talking about doing math in your head, your a feel golfer you said it yourself, you should have a feel if you have a 20 mph wind at  30 degrees  what your going to shoot no math involved look at the shot move the marker and swing that easy.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:41 AM

I don't believe for one second any "program", as you call it, is helping anybody on that leaderboard. We play enough together for me to know how you approach the game-you're one of those exact types that makes the computations. You made TL doing it so there's something to be said for your game. I've seen you make the shots. Do you do the math with a calculator or do you have a chart? Since you don't do it in your head you  must have one or the other.  And that's no different than anything you pointed out as a "program." 

The scores in the UL tournament are perfect examples of these "programs" being just helps. Not a single one of them has addressed the lie factor yet players are shooting 60. That just tells me they know the game, have practiced it and are good at it. 

p.s., And I ain't coming down on you. Just because I took your poster down doesn't mean I'm coming down on you.  :-P

RSS