Forums

Help › Forums

Programs are getting out of hand

Tue, Jan 8 2013 2:11 PM (49 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:29 AM

Man who else thinks these so call help programs are getting out of hand? It's taking all the fun out of the game, now instead of skill it's who can doctor up the program the best.

Sure I tried them and I will tell you they don't work , you have to figure out if you have to add or sub. from what the program tells you 90% of the time to get it to come within 2-3 yards of the pin. Before you know it someone will figure a program that will tell you the break in the green for you.

I think it's getting way out of hand. Why compete ? your competing with a program not a player. Why don't WGT just add a feature Play WGT  and you play against a computer player it's the same thing.

I for one am starting to lose interest in the game, I am not saying anything bad to the guys that have produced the programs I 'm just saying it's getting out of hand.

I guess the only thing that can be done is for WGT take away the 90 clock and make 30 the  most you can get, that might help. 

I love these guys who say they play by feel, and it takes them 50-55 seconds to take a shot, yeah right

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:42 AM

I play by feel & take maybe 20sec, but i do like to take the big boys on at 35sec & watch the fun!

• randalski
    131 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:58 AM

daddd1:

I play by feel & take maybe 20sec, but i do like to take the big boys on at 35sec & watch the fun!

like being late for work;    do this  do that  do this  do that,    hope i got everything...boom, out th door    lmao

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:05 AM

I play by feel also, no gadgets at all. Ask anyone who has played a round with me. My problem with feel though, is No Sense-No Feeling. Makes for a fun game any how.

• bigstickdude
    19 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:33 AM

i play by feel and i'am stuck in a tier and can't get any better. they tell me these guys that shoot in the 50;s , jush have more skill, bs there using probrams like a somee meter. the fun has gone from the game,i play in a tourament shoot 67 and  these guys shoot 55 . wgt needs a program to make it fair for all ,then the fun will return to my game/ i play in cc games only with people that play fair. wgt   help he players fix the  game to make it fair.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:22 PM

Here's a scary thought why there isn't more support on this subject.  Out of how many players in WGT, and how many of those players are active in the forum,

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:39 PM

Woodoworkery:
    Sure I tried them and I will tell you they don't work

First you say the programs do not work, and then complain about playing against those who are using them??

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:48 PM

daddd1:

Challange accepted, name the amount and im game.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:08 PM

I personally haven't tried any program but have seen the Wind Calculator one mentioned several times in the forums. I do a rough mental calculation and sadly this shows from my stats lol.

For me the game is always a challenge to do my best but to primarily enjoy the game and a program as you describe would seriously detract from that enjoyment.

Most of my shots are taken within 20 seconds, sometimes I take a little longer on the greens - only exception is when I am chatting - typing has never been my forte.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:13 PM

sixkiller:
    First you say the programs do not work, and then complain about playing against those who are using them??

Your missing the point, the program is there, the program needs to be fine tuned. Then you are playing against the program and not a player. The only way to stop it is to cut the time to shoot.

Are you content with playing against a program, be it one on one ,a tournament,or a ready go. 

RSS