Forums

Help › Forums

Programming II

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:15 AM (118 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:12 AM

According to U.S. Patent 7806777 WGT DOES have the capability.

That explains everything then. No wonder i cant hit a frigging barn door at the best of times. Think its time to keep my mouth shut, and hopefully get a reprieve sometime down the road, (whisper it, not holding my breath though), lol.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:22 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

That explains everything then. No wonder i cant hit a frigging barn door at the best of times. Think its time to keep my mouth shut, and hopefully get a reprieve sometime down the road, (whisper it, not holding my breath though), lol.

TY TWO. As in ANY business - hire the right lawyers and you can do ANYTHING. 

"If it could happen then it already has happened" IF you don't think "it" has then you need to get out into the world and live a bit. 

Remember, these are thoughts and opinions with some fact.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:08 AM

overtheedge:
    "If it could happen then it already has happened"

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:29 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Someone has been doing some research! I'm glad we have graduated from unfounded claims to attempting to back them up with facts. I'm no lawyer, and the legal jargon makes no sense to me whatsoever. How about you explain how this patent means that WGT has the capability to manipulate individual player's equipment (not all equipment unilaterally)

And to be clear - let's say someone finds out that it is within the realm of possibility to manipulate an individual player's items. This would be news to me, but would change nothing. As I have stated before: WGT does not practice this and would never consider doing so.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:49 AM

LOL Pizza, thanks for putting me on the spot, even though im not the original poster. I cant claim that WGT do in fact manipulate certain peoples gear, ive no proof. But that patent is open to speculation about what exactly it can do. It doesnt matter which way you read it, the Legal Jargon will always have a way to mis-interprate what it actually means. Ask a politician. 

A line from the patent reads like this:

Automatically adapting a virtual equipment model associated with the virtual equipment to reflect the determined user skill level.

This means that the gear can be altered to suit my game, yes? But if this can be done to alter the game, and to better reflect my skill levels, then it can be open to abuse if you ask me. 

I can only speak about what i personally feel about my game. And that is that i see major differences in my game from day to day. 1 day my 80 yard wedge from 40% rough will go the full 80 yards, the next day, the same shot in the same conditions will only go 60. Go figure.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:09 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    LOL Pizza, thanks for putting me on the spot, even though im not the original poster. I cant claim that WGT do in fact manipulate certain peoples gear, ive no proof.

In the future, when you do not have proof of something, you should probably not claim it to be true, like you did right here:

TWOMINUSONE:

"the capability" being the subject of this 3 page thread which is "does WGT have the capability to manipulate individual players' games/equipment?"

TWOMINUSONE:
    Automatically adapting a virtual equipment model associated with the virtual equipment to reflect the determined user skill level.

This means that the gear can be altered to suit my game, yes?

Actually, no. It means that we are able to make changes to existing properties of items. That's it. There is zero implication that this patent means we have the capability to sell the same item that offers X to two players, and then go in and change the properties for only one of those players, making one item give X and one give Y.

TWOMINUSONE:
    I can only speak about what i personally feel about my game.

This would be appreciated, and even encouraged by me, but you must be sure not to claim facts as your opinion, especially if you do not have the proof that your facts are true. I'm sorry to be harsh about this, but we can't abide our players throwing around claims that "evil WGT is lurking in the darkness and manipulating individual players shots", especially when they try to back that claim up with facts that are, in fact, not true. Things like this cause unwarranted confusion and unrest within the community, and that's not ok with Mr. Pizza. We're trying to build a peaceful community here, and this just stirs the pot, for no good reason.

Be sure to do your homework before making accusations, or be sure to state your opinions as opinions. Please continue to express your experiences as such, because that's what this forum thing is all about - sharing experiences  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:14 AM

Ok Pizza, i get the picture. Be sure to read my posts properly before accusing me of stating something as fact, as this is something i DID NOT do. Nowhere in that post have i stated this is a fact. I will keep my mouth shut now, as i know what to expect. 

P.S. Is it just me who has to state that this is my opinion?

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:16 AM

I dont think they mess with our clubs individually, but one day you might enter a ready go and what ever you do you dont seem to miss ( like RSG i got 2 days ago, i was missing ding on wind side, but instead of the usual landing 8 to10 yards left/right of pin the shot seemed to be like hitting ding and i would land close, same with putts, i missed a few on the break side, and normally putts would sail wide, but all putts would go straight for hole.  No matter what i did i couldn't seem to miss and win tournament) But i play same tournament next day and clubs don't seem to react normally and i score a average round.  Its just the tournaments, some you seem to do well in no matter what you do, could even miss ding by halfway between the ding and far line, yet still land close but other tournaments i play no different but shots don't turn out as they usually do or wind wont effect shots how it usually does either and you get loads of deviation too.  Its just how the game plays, its seems to be split between hot rounds and average rounds and you never know what to expect, but  although frustrating at times, seems to keep us totally addicted. 

Yes it says in the T & C's that WGT can alter equipment at times, but this  could probably mean to adjust something when it comes out i.e a new wedge might be released but they are unhappy with how the spin reacts, so further down the line they might adjust it to give it a bit more spin or less like a 60 yard wedge might spin back 15 yards, after feedback they adjust it so it only spins back 10 yards, but no way would they alter any ones equipment individually, its all or nothing.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:22 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Be sure to read my posts properly before accusing me of stating something as fact, as this is something i DID NOT do.

I think I explained myself pretty clearly. When you typed this sentence:

TWOMINUSONE:

You claimed that this patent gives WGT the capability of manipulating individual players' game/equipment. I am being firm on this subject because for too long WGT has been accused of shady, hidden dealings where we manipulate an individual's shot, game or equipment, leaving them at a disadvantage and the rest of the community at an advantage. This is just simply not true.

I apologize if my stern nature on this subject seems a little harsh, but I take this seriously and there is no room for misunderstanding when this subject is considered.

I would love to see you continue to contribute to the community, TWOMINUSONE, I just had to draw the line here. I hope you understand my position.

P.S - I am certain that you are not the only one with this opinion. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS