Programming II

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:15 AM (118 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:51 PM

Continuing from the previous Programming Equipment thread,,,,,,,

Just out of curiosity? 

Is ALL equipment programmed the same across the board or is it "possible" that any and all equipment can be programmed on an individual - player by player basis? 

Programmed meaning -  a players equipment (be it top of the line or middle of the road equip.) is programmed to give a bit more forgiveness or a bit more distance compared to another player with the same or even lesser grade equipment? 

I don't know. This is just something that crossed my mind. Who's to say this can't or hasn't happen that is "why" I'm asking?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:55 PM

Instead of ignoring Bogey you went off on him and violated a bunch of things in the T&C. There was nothing related to the topic of the thread and it was totally out of line. You don't need Pizza to tell you that, you know better.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:58 PM

YankeeJim:
    You don't need Pizza to tell you that, you know better.

This is accurate. The thread got out of hand, and that judgement rests solely on the moderators of this forum. Feel free to continue this thread without the negative factors of the previous, and everything will be just fine and dandy :)

No one was at fault. This is not a result of an individual's actions, it was the entire thread.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:13 PM

overtheedge:
    Is ALL equipment programmed the same across the board or is it "possible" that any and all equipment can be programmed on an individual - player by player basis? 

Let's get this discussion started :)

Yes, all equipment is programmed the same across the board, for all players (think of the pro shop). I'm not going to say it's impossible to manipulate the way equipment works for an individual, because frankly, I do not have a computer science degree. I will say that WGT does not have the capability to do this. Also, ethically speaking, there is no way WGT would ever explore this option, under any circumstances.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:13 PM

To answer the question: NO

Many reasons but main being: who decides who gets more forgiveness or faster meter or? This hasn't even crossed my mind since no one will ever agree on this topic.

-wgticon 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:10 PM

YankeeJim:

Instead of ignoring Bogey you went off on him and violated a bunch of things in the T&C. There was nothing related to the topic of the thread and it was totally out of line. You don't need Pizza to tell you that, you know better.

YJ,,,Please. Dont moderate my post. Its not your place. Secondly, if you have something to add to THE TOPIC then by all means otherwise go troll another topic.

WGTpizza - thank you for a reply. I am merely stating fact and expressing my opinions. Most of the feedback I have received to this point has been positive and more importantly, informative. You have satisfied my curiosity or in other words my wondering thought.

As for icon, Im not exactly sure what you are trying to convey but either way,,cool. 

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:14 PM

overtheedge:
    WGTpizza - thank you for a reply. I am merely stating fact and expressing my opinions. Most of the feedback I have received to this point has been positive and more importantly, informative. You have satisfied my curiosity or in other words my wondering thought.

Of course, I appreciate a good discussion, and I'm glad a WGT staff member was able to thoroughly explain the company's stance on this subject  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:41 PM

WGTpizza:
    I will say that WGT does not have the capability to do this. Also, ethically speaking, there is no way WGT would ever explore this option, under any circumstances.

I just look at this aspect from a legal point.  Just as we are subject to gaming laws when we enter tournaments, so is WGT subject to those same laws.

RSS