Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:04 AM

This is not a video game any more than the games in a carnival. It's to get you to spend money. 

I hope they will get some new courses because, right now, my only enjoyment is the scenery.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:05 AM

lee22sharon:
    My take on this, after 2 1/2 years here, 1 1/2 as a serious daily player, it is this, you must apply all of your gained knowledge throughout your advancements.  You must be on top of your game at all times.  You must be cognizant of all interfering factors as they present themselves.  Your attention must not waver for each and every shot.  It is a video game, but to be good and to get good at it you must follow the same things as you do in your daily life to succeed here as you do in your real life experiences.

Well said, lee22sharon. Take it from someone who has played the game for 2.5 years - this game is realistic. So much so that at times you need to devote as much dedication and discipline to improve your game as you would on a real life golf course.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:53 PM

Censorship? Really?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 4:14 PM

WGTpizza:
    So much so that at times you need to devote as much dedication and discipline to improve your game as you would on a real life golf course.

Agreed. This game isn't a load, and birdie every hole game for anyone. Good course management comes with quality practice. 

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 4:22 PM

I just make Legend last week, a huge challenge, but i was prepared long, by use alot of time practice from black tee, so after i moved up, i still can make 30 on a good round, and 63 for a full! I doubt i ever come down sub 60 in a full 18, because sweet wgt always make heavy wind to legends! LOL

Egon

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 5:39 PM

WGTpizza:

lee22sharon:
    My take on this, after 2 1/2 years here, 1 1/2 as a serious daily player, it is this, you must apply all of your gained knowledge throughout your advancements.  You must be on top of your game at all times.  You must be cognizant of all interfering factors as they present themselves.  Your attention must not waver for each and every shot.  It is a video game, but to be good and to get good at it you must follow the same things as you do in your daily life to succeed here as you do in your real life experiences.

Well said, lee22sharon. Take it from someone who has played the game for 2.5 years - this game is realistic. So much so that at times you need to devote as much dedication and discipline to improve your game as you would on a real life golf course.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

As far as real life golf goes for me, I am embarrassed  to admit how long it took me to break par. lol

Let's just say that it took 'many' years for me to even break par for 18 holes and I think that was only a couple times.

I know that many here at wgt have advanced to low ave. very very quickly, much faster than I have & I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary playin this game.

I appreciate the wgt game & it's challenges as well as the people that can maintain such a low ave.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:10 PM

OK, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I sold my 600 credit putter and put the special balls back in the bag and shot a lot better score.

I spoke to soon. I just played a tournament where there was a half inch lag between my click and the hit. If I was the paranoid type, I'd say I was targeted.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:36 AM

ArgyleScott:

I spoke to soon. I just played a tournament where there was a half inch lag between my click and the hit. If I was the paranoid type, I'd say I was targeted.

We heard of such as the unfamous Chrome & Flash issue (1) - your browser?

(1) perhaps re"born" by an update?

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:48 AM

Thank you, alosso, that is part of my problem. Something happened to my IE (Internet Explorer) connection so I set up the Chrome version. Definitely more lag but not always the same, which drives me crazy.

My IE doesn't let me log on to WGT. It may be a Flash problem or ActiveX problem. If anyone has an answer, I'd love to hear it.

RSS