Forums

Help › Forums

Signatures?

Wed, May 19 2010 2:30 PM (31 replies)
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:01 PM

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

You see Avatar, that actually looks pretty sweet! I'm sure they simply removed from the original forum host code, it can't be that hard to get back. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:06 PM

I've always liked 2 of Nietzsche's quotes the best....

"Out of passions grow opinions; mental sloth lets these rigidify into convictions."

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly."

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche    (October 15, 1844 – August 25, 1900)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:13 PM

EllisSpice:

Snaike:
    "Hear, hear"   (<---- which is the proper spelling, btw)

Someone's been on the WGTLS forums...

Actually, Ellis, I haven't ... send a link to which you refer.  I'd love to check it out.

Peace. =)

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 5:54 PM

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Doesn't sound like old Abe appreciated the first amendment. It's 2010 Bruh! I think it's better to be outspoken and be thought a fool than remain afraid to speak based on the perceptions of others.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 6:31 PM

griffygriff:
    so how about someone giving us a taste of what their signature would comprised of

I like this idea. I vote YES. This is the footer I use on the AMD web site forums. It seems like the norm for most tech sites.

-------------------------

Richard C.

Stock - Acer T-180 (2007) w/17" LCD monitor
    Mobo: Foxconn MCP61PM-AM (HT 2000)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Dual-core AM2 2.4GHz w/fan
    Integrated Graphics: GeForce 6150SE 430
    Memory: Crucial 2GB (PC2 5300) 4 x512MB
    Hard drive: 160GB Hitachi Deskstar
    PSU: FSP ATX-250PA

I don't know what I would use for a footer here at WGT. Hopefully they will adopt this when everything gets put into place at WGT.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 7:49 PM

Thanks Richard for your post, but because of it i am completely confused now. That's not what i was thinking a signature would look like. I was  thinking more on the lines of a profound statement on life, or a witty quip of some sort, not a bunch of stats about a computer.

Why would any one care about about that stuff. Having said that i did notice you have a 17" Lcd monitor (very nice). I think i may need some more help on this matter....anybody!

Once again Richard ty for the post.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 3:55 AM

Griff,

I am not a big fan of them because you end up with a whole forum of this.

A one line post that takes up a quarter of a page.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 4:45 AM

griffygriff:
     But seriously don't be so hard on yourself, i am sure you could come up with something a bit less condescending and a bit more cheerful given time.
    LOL Grif, I'll try to keep that in mind....

Snaike... here are some of my personal favs....

"A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be" - Author Unkown

"Windows isn't supposed to make sense, it's supposed to make money"' - Paul Lutus

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

"In my opinion, the greatest single failure of (western) education is that students come away unable to distinguish between a symbol and the thing the symbol stands for." - Paul Lutus

"Did you know you can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life." - Paul Lutus

"Stop trying to tell children what to think — let them learn how to think instead." - Author Unknown

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Somehow it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one pretending to be normal."
    Dexter

"The problem with acting normal is that normal people get into stupid situations."
    Dexter

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 5:23 AM

griffygriff:
    That's not what i was thinking a signature would look like

LOL!  That's my footer on a different web site griff. I wouldn't use it here at WGT. It was just an example.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 8:14 AM

Alright guys that seems to have cleaned up the mess i'd got my self into, its much more clearer now i think.......thanks

man with hole in pocket.....tends to feel cocky all day (chairman mao 1958)

RSS