Forums

Help › Forums

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 7 2010 5:45 PM (43 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 11:51 AM

Ahh, but the word is he's alive and well and playing under an assumed name.  Tibbets, not Favre.

Snaike... S.F. gets Favre in his final year.  Ever seen a QB drop back using a walker?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 12:04 PM

lvietri:
    In fact the only one I know who has been at the top of the game and retired never to be heard of again is ... TIBBETS.   :)

Got another two for you... John Elway and Annika Sorenstam.... (Lorena Ochoa perhaps as well).

@DMM... with all the beef the 9'ers just drafted up front, he probably ~could~ drop back on a walker.  Really impressed with their draft... those two dudes are HUGE!  6'5" each and the smaller one comes in a 353... good lord!

• Brocaveli
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 2:22 PM

I FEEL THE SAME WAY :) DAMN CHEESE HEADS>>>GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR :)

• Hootowl9
    392 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 3:56 PM

Brocaveli:

I FEEL THE SAME WAY :) DAMN CHEESE HEADS>>>GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR :)

Brocaveli; All in good fun. I love the Packer - Bear rivalry! :) DAMN FIBS!!

He-he>>>>Good luck this year as well.

• Hootowl9
    392 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 4:31 PM

Doublemochaman:

So I hear Brett Favre might sign this year with the Bears.  A different team every year.  He can finally retire in about 25 years after he's QB'd at least once for every team.

The entire "Brett Farve Soap-opera" was handled badly by the Packer GM & Farve. I'm thankful as a Packer fan to have seen his accomplishments as a Packer and for what he brought to the Green Bay organization & state of Wisconsin. For three years this, "I might retire/I'm retired/Wait..no...I'm back, was getting old". We miss Farve but very pleased with Aaron Rogers to this point.     (I go back to the Lombardi years,..this BS would never of played out this way with Vince L.) !

Anyway, ... as for Farve going to the Vikequeens (& a Hell of a good year) I feel this way. For his time in GB he was a great Packer & team player. I would point out the same could be said about Benedict Arnold.                                 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 5:35 PM

Hootowl9:

Doublemochaman:

So I hear Brett Favre might sign this year with the Bears.  A different team every year.  He can finally retire in about 25 years after he's QB'd at least once for every team.

The entire "Brett Farve Soap-opera" was handled badly by the Packer GM & Farve. I'm thankful as a Packer fan to have seen his accomplishments as a Packer and for what he brought to the Green Bay organization & state of Wisconsin. For three years this, "I might retire/I'm retired/Wait..no...I'm back, was getting old". We miss Farve but very pleased with Aaron Rogers to this point.     (I go back to the Lombardi years,..this BS would never of played out this way with Vince L.) !

Anyway, ... as for Farve going to the Vikequeens (& a Hell of a good year) I feel this way. For his time in GB he was a great Packer & team player. I would point out the same could be said about Benedict Arnold.                                 

Yes, but Arnold never returned. His pansy, self-centered desire for self presevation and his fear of Geo. Washington, cost the life of John Andre. None of this is related.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 9:57 AM

Hootowl9:
    We miss Farve but very pleased with Aaron Rogers to this point. 

One of the darkest days in 49'er history... April 23rd, 2005.

Aaron Rodgers, a local boy playing for Cal, grew up in Chico, CA.. set records everywhere went, including an outstanding interception average of only 1.43%.. etc etc

Top 5 pick, almost guaranteed, everyone in NoCal loved him (except for the Stanford Cardinal, who lost the "Big Game" everytime he played) and everyone knew he was going to kick some serious NFL butt when he got the chance....

So, the 2005 NFL Draft, April 23rd (Black Saturday)... the San Francisco 49'ers with the first pick in the draft, make the call....

..... to Alex Smith.

Clank.

Next QB taken, pick number 24 goes to Green Bay and the rest, they say, is history... just like the 9'ers chances at that moment.

Alex Smith?  I had thought that no one could ever flop as bad as Ryan Leaf, and then we got Smith....

There is a ray of sunshine though... as bad as a flop as Smith has been, we can always count on the Raiders to go one better..  I mean it could have been worse, we could have drafted JaMarcus Russell 2 years later.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 11:09 AM

Jeez-trade ya teams there Snaike. The friggin Bills, with an offensive line better called Swiss cheese, a D-line that lets running backs pile up career days and 3 pseudo QBs go and pick another running back!!!!  WTF is up with that? Looks like we'll be setting records for not making the playoffs.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 11:23 AM

You think the Bills suck, I got three words for you guys, "St. Louis Rams".  lol

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 2:11 PM

Richard4168:

You think the Bills suck, I got three words for you guys, "St. Louis Rams".  lol

At least the Rams have won something in the not-too-distant past.

Not like the Bills....  btw, I was finally told why they were called the "Bills".  "Bills" stands for

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls....  /rimshot

RSS