Forums

Help › Forums

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 7 2010 5:45 PM (43 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 2:42 PM

The 'Bills' will always have Scott Norwood.

Sorry.....couldn't resist

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 2:53 PM

Snaike:

Not like the Bills....  btw, I was finally told why they were called the "Bills".  "Bills" stands for

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls....  /rimshot

Do you have any idea what it's like to experience Super Bowl Week 4 times in a row with your team in it? It was tremendous, losses notwithstanding. This area was berserk for four football years. Jim Kelly is still revered here. It was the best for four straight years.

LOL-I always thought Ace Ventura was about Scott Norwood. "Laces out!!!"

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:45 PM

Richard4168:

You think the Bills suck, I got three words for you guys, "St. Louis Rams".  lol

The Rams got Bradford.. who i know personally as an OU booster and alumnus. I've been privy to a few rounds of golf with him as well.. and he's just as accurate at golf as he is with his arm. If he does BUST in the nfl (like many OU haters are hoping that he does) he will surely fall back on golf. He's basically a scratch golfer.

Cheer up Rich! Your team just drafted one of the best quarterbacks of all time! Mark my words!! This kid is the definition of an "athlete".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 5:08 AM

smason77:
    Cheer up Rich! Your team just drafted one of the best quarterbacks of all time! Mark my words!! This kid is the definition of an "athlete".

Ya right. Bill Walsh touted Trent Edwards as the next Joe Montana. Told Marv Levy he would be crazy not to grab him. Sure enough, the Bills grabbed him, he looked like Joe Montana for 4 games until Arizona got him. Bounced his head off the turf in game 5 two years ago after a 4-0 start and that was the end of him. He hasn't been the same since. College boy meet real football players-they aren't  weak underclassmen on defense there.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 5:33 AM

Yeah, I'm trying to cheer-up smason. The last two seasons though where horrible at  2 - 14 each season. Everyone here in St.Louis is really hoping this kid has it. Bulger certainly sucked. I don't know how anyone can rip on Ohio state football, they have one of the best programs in the country.

Is it me, or did this thread get way-off topic after the first page?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 5:50 AM

Richard4168:
    Is it me, or did this thread get way-off topic after the first page?

LOL-It's you , Rich. Who needs more help-your Rams, Snaike's 49ers, my Bills or some Chicago Bears beggar?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:36 AM

Hey, you'd better throw my Seattle Seahawks in there, as well.  And I'll accept some blame for thread-derailing too.  :)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:39 AM

Then again, if any thread ever needed derailing, it was this one.  Beautiful, begging, sexy (fake) girl vs. football discussion.   Football wins every time!

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 4:52 PM

YankeeJim:

smason77:

College boy meet real football players-they aren't  weak underclassmen on defense there.

Mostly ALL of them (defensive players) started this way.. such as most players in the NFL. I'd shutter to think that collegiate underclassmen are weak. What should I know though.. right? OU only had 3 of the 4 TOP draft picks this year!  Big 12 had all 4 and the #2.. Mr. Suh.. is anything but weak.

Any QB can get his head bounced, shoulder dislocated, or leg broken. Unfortunately OU suffered much difficulty with the O-line last year. Hopefully the Rams have some guys that can protect Bradford's blind side. Same for any team. Sometimes football players get hurt. Sometimes they succeed.

Let's consider one of the best QB's currently in the NFL.. Peyton Manning. Probably one of the biggest sissy quarterbacks out there. Bradford is not a sissy. He will take the defense head on if he must when it comes to a win or lose situation.

Peyton Manning: Extremely intelligent and quick read. But NO mobility but the key to his success is the emphasis on protecting his blind side which the Colts have done well.

Sam Bradford: Extremely intelligent and quick read. Excellent footwork and much more mobility. The key to his injury last year was that Bob Stoops and Kevin Wilson failed to protect his blind side (due to injury and inability to adapt and develop players).

Injuries make or break a player. That's true. But they can happen to anyone on any given blown coverage. Bradford will be fine. I just hope the Rams take some notes from OUs 2008 offense and get him acclimated with some handy receivers and some good run plays to keep the D on edge.

You are welcome to disagree and i'm sure you will.. but's that's JMO.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 5:12 PM

Doublemochaman:

Then again, if any thread ever needed derailing, it was this one.  Beautiful, begging, sexy (fake) girl vs. football discussion.   Football wins every time!

Couldn't possibly agree more!

RSS