Forums

Help › Forums

yardage for clubs and wind yardage?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:33 PM (5 replies)
  • imaloser
    32 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 4:38 PM

I have been playing this game for over a year but I never understood how you figure out the exact distances for clubs with regards to the meter. I saw a post that said ever time your avatar moves it equals a 5% subtraction from the total, is true?

Also, Is there any kind of help this site has for dealing with wind, like how much does it add or subtract from your shots?

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 4:55 PM

imaloser:

I have been playing this game for over a year but I never understood how you figure out the exact distances for clubs with regards to the meter. I saw a post that said ever time your avatar moves it equals a 5% subtraction from the total, is true?

Also, Is there any kind of help this site has for dealing with wind, like how much does it add or subtract from your shots?

Well, the 'wind' only seems to work or effect you 'sometimes'

I wrote this little aid on Visual Basic 6 that sit on top of the screen. (this won't be made publicly available because you would have to be running Firefox 3.6 with no tabs, with the status bar and XP Professional with Win98 Classic Screen at 1600x900 resolution for it to show up right)

Its not anywhere near accurate but does seem to give a 'ballpark' idea of distance in tests. it goes a littke off-center during putts

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 5:59 PM

That's cool Alexis.  You guys come up with some creative and technical methods for playing this game.  

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 4:23 AM

Some carry yardages and the procedure are here.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 5:47 AM

BPB10 and 11 have long fairways perfect for hitting back and forth. Using the reverse green view you can see down the fairway to aim backwards. 

Take your clubs, one at a time and figure out how far they fly by turning the volume up and listening for the "thump" when the ball hits. Watch the shot yardage as you do this and you will see the exact distance the ball lands at. (You will need to make sure your club audio is on, done through the Options under the Menu tab in the game.) Then you can see how far it actually rolls out. Do this with the various shot options and you will be able to map your clubs' distances fairly easily. Give each club at least 4 swings (2 up and 2 back) before you come to a conclusion.

If you opt to practice at SA be warned-those hard fairways skew the numbers.

p.s., In reference to your "cheating" thread, this is how the good players cheat.

• Geoffro
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:33 PM

No thats not cool - its sad. Alexis obviously has too much time on his hands if he has time to do this sort of stuff.

RSS