Forums

Help › Forums

Problem with time expiration on ready go tournaments

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:35 PM (5 replies)
  • nolemd
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:33 AM

I just finished a ready-go in St Andrews, or should I say didn't finish.  I was on the 9th green with a 2 foot putt, had already released the putter, the ball was rolling toward the hole, and I get a pop-up that the time for the tournament has expired and I would not be able to post a score.

I'm really ticked off, as you might imagine.  I would have won $50 (ok, really 50 cents, but that's a pack of balls) if I'd the shot I had already taken was allowed to finish. 

My question: is there any way to contact the folks who run the site to address/fix this?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:40 AM

You have 12 hours from the time that the tournament is filled to finish the round.

It sounds like you pushed the envelope and got burned.

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:12 AM
    Hi Nole, As much as it sucks, the clock is objective and stops for no one. Imagine if all of life were like that... (has it's pros and cons :-)
  • nolemd
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 2:40 PM

I guess I'd be less ticked off if the game hadn't frozen on me an hour before, forcing me to shut down my browser.  On further reflection, though, you're both right.  That's life.

Thanks, marioh, for the balls.  You didn't have to, but I appreciate it.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 2:47 PM

nolemd:

I guess I'd be less ticked off if the game hadn't frozen on me an hour before, forcing me to shut down my browser.  On further reflection, though, you're both right.  That's life.

Thanks, marioh, for the balls.  You didn't have to, but I appreciate it.

No problem partner.   After thinking about it, I'd be pretty aggravated too if the time ran out on me on the last putt of the round.

Enjoy !

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 3:35 PM

LOL, happened to me a couple weeks ago.  I forgot I had registered.  Logged on to realize I had 14 minutes to complete the Kia F9 RG.  Hustled my rump off but was still a few seconds short.  I was -4 through 8 and had a 10 foot birdie putt on 9.  The game expired on the downswing of my putting stroke.  

The weird thing was, I believe it still posted the score under my recent activities, but not my score history.

RSS