Forums

Help › Forums

Bug on Kia 13 Fringe ???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:39 AM (6 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:07 AM

Not sure if this is a bug .. or I just can't putt.   Or it may be the someone didn't mow this small patch of fringe down to the proper length.   Please let me know.   Kia hole 13 ... where I was on the fringe is shown in the 2 shots below.

Look at the 2 shots below ... On Kia 13 left of the pin (facing pin) in the fringe.  Clearly showed the Fringe .. not the Rough ....  Very Fast Greens.   Showed 16 ft with 10 inches down.   I hit my putter on the 15 ft meter about 1/2 way which usually goes about 9 ft ... compensating for downhill roll ... and the ball didn't move.   I hit it 3 times the same way and the ball moved a total of 1 foot.    On the 4th try (this time from 15 ft) it finally rolled onto the green short of the pin.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:10 AM

The same will sometimes also happen at the back of 5 BP where it says fringe but putter won't move it.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 8:18 AM

I ran into this issue on a RG round a week ago (same spot/same hole).   I took 2 attempts at putting it, and the ball barely moved.

I ended up pitching it out of there and taking a double on that hole.

Funny thing is I almost always pitch from the fringe, but due to the really short distance, I decided to putt it.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:08 AM

Happend to me on BPB #10.  Definately a bug, hope you reported it through right clicking.  I now use chip only off the fringe, as the putter can ruin the ready go for you.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:21 AM

You are absolutley correct. My theory is that this occurs because the ball is on the fringe and the shot is very much above the hole. The system (WGT) probably counters

this condition by slowing the ball down too much since any ball in the fringe will

be slowed down a bit before it hits the green.  In this case (KIA #13) they clearly

(in my opinion) have overcompensated...I never putt from the fringe when its severe

downhill.  

• TarheelsRule
    5,486 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:24 AM

I have had this happen as well.

There are several places on the BPB and Kiawah courses that it can occur.  Also in the St Andrews nine the distance when you are putting from the fringe sometimes switchs from feet to yards, can't see any consistency to it but I have seen a number of people pound a putt 30 feet by the hole and react badly.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 9:39 AM

To answer your questions .. Yes I reported it by right clicking .. thought the screen shots would help.    Thanks all.

RSS