Forums

Help › Forums

pitching and chipping

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:47 AM (3 replies)
  • bigdon67
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 11:43 PM
    Anyone know why chipping is next to impossible on this thing? I mean it is so unrealistic that it takes the fun out of this all together. I had a 14 yard pitch the meter read 24 yards so i went with about 60% on meter and when I hit it was on perfect. The shot went 6 yards. Then my next shot i am on the fringe and chip I have 7 yards to go so i set the shot in the middle and again hit perfect and watch my ball go 17 yard when the green was flat. It is *** that they have it this messed up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this I would gladly listen. Thanks WGT you need to fix this ***
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:47 AM

Hi Don,

The short game is definitely one of the more challenging aspects of the game and you will pick it up with practice.  I'd recommend reading through the Chip & Pitch Tips thread posted by one of our members and using some of those techniques.  There's a lot good suggestions in that thread and once you get the hang of it you'll knocking 'em stiff in no time.

Good Luck =)

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:47 AM

Please see the Chip and Pitch tips over there on the right   ------------------>>>>>

Will tell you all you need to know, everything works as it should.  You cant chip from rough very well on the course and here either, it can be done but you need to use extra power, etc.   Safer to use pitch most of the time. 

There are some tricky things about it in the game, the guide will show you most of them and your game will be much more enjoyable  :) 

Edit - Ninja'd by the Nivster....hehe

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:47 AM

If you have balls that allow you to move the 'dot' for either backspin or forespin .. you can 'chip' the ball pretty nicely by setting the dot all the way to the bottom.

Seem to kind of scoop it up and lob it when used at short range.

RSS