Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Averages....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 3 2010 1:24 AM (2 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:29 PM

The above named part of the game is puzzling me in the extreme.

I currently have a putting average of 19.99 putts per round, I am over the moon at that statistic, it suggests to me that I am burning the course up given that my greens in regulation average is 72% and my scrambling is at 62%.

The fact of the matter is that I am not burning up the course in every round, I am playing off a respectable 65-66 average and have done so for the last 3 months. The lowest I have got to is low 64s.

Can anyone explain to me how the putting average works? I assume it is similar to the score average in that certain rounds are discounted?

Sorry if this has been convered numerous times.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 4:17 PM

Hi tiffer,

Unfortunately that stat is a bit misleading because at this stage a round can be either 9 or 18 holes.  I would recommend multiplying your Putts Per Hole (1.60) by 18.  That gives you 28.8ppr and is probably a more accurate representation of your play.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 1:24 AM

Thanks for that info WGTniv, I had made some calculations myself based on the percentage saves, GIR etc and came up with 28 putts myself which seemed a lot more accurate. I just couldn't see how an average of 20 was determined, now I know!

RSS