Help › Forums

Fairway Wood Dilemma

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 9 2010 6:36 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bev0
    6 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:48 PM
    I just turned master so I really need a new 3W to be competitive and I had my eyes on the Rapture V2 Pro 3 but I only have 338 credits to spend, so should I settle for a club around the 300 credit mark or should I keep slugging it out hoping I might fluke a round in the master tier and earn enough credits to get to 375?
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:23 PM

Slug it out in the ready go's  if you can shoot around 32 somewhere.I got a favorite 9 and i'm sure you do too.Set the conditions the same as in the ready go and work work work on just that nine and those conditions and when you get it how you want it enter the tourney.

Good luck and keep swinging

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 6:05 PM

Hi BevO,

I read your post and extend my kudos for your elevation to the Master tier.

Right now you are in need of some club advancement that will benefit you in the longer run. Based upon the conditions you have stated, with the best way of spending the 338 credits to your advantage, I see it this way: You can buy the G-10 Master 3 wood, rated at 235 yards. Or you can upgrade your irons one notch,for 300 credits, and they are quite good. If you go with the G-10, it will allow you an opportuinty, with one club, to get used to a faster meter, which with time, you will have to do anyway and it fills the gap of clubs, as you see it.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 10:13 PM
    I play the G10 and its a great fairway club. To achieve as a master you will also need the Tour GI- S ball... good luck.
  • Bev0
    6 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 4:04 AM
    Cheers, thanks for the advice guys. I'm leaning towards the G10 as I'm really just after extra distance so that looks like the best option for my budget. Basically when I started playing this game I bought credits to buy a driver + a putter and now I've set myself the challenge of earning the credits required to upgrade the rest of my clubs, I was going alright until I hit the master tier! As for the ready go's, I played a couple and lost a decent chunk of credits so I won't be trying again anytime soon, although that might change once I upgrade balls+clubs. I've never bought balls before though, do they make a big difference?
  • lumpner
    23 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 5:32 AM
    hi. i am about to make master,(more luck than anything,hehe) and i was wondering will i still be able to play in pro level events? i thought i read someplace that you just take your master clubs outta your bag, and your set to go. sorry if i am confused, lump. cyaaaaaaaa
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 5:51 AM
    no, you can´t play pro tournaments as a master yes, I would say the balls make a fairly big difference, they add a lot of spin
  • lumpner
    23 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 6:11 AM

thanks for the info. i am only 3 weeks old here, and trying to figure if i should wait on master level until i learn more about the " system". i could not help but notice you play with starter putter; seems to go against the grain. may i ask why you dont upgrade putter? just curious. lump p.s. hav a great day on the links

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 4:45 PM

Bev0:
    I just turned master so I really need a new 3W to be competitive and I had my eyes on the Rapture V2 Pro 3 but I only have 338 credits to spend, so should I settle for a club around the 300 credit mark or should I keep slugging it out hoping I might fluke a round in the master tier and earn enough credits to get to 375?

In the long run you'll eventually get to the point where you won't need 2 fairway clubs. A long driver and an assortment of wedges will be where you wind up so I would suggest you look at getting an HB as a compromise. It is more versatile than a 3W and you can use it as your fairway club on any long par 5 or some of the long par 4s at BPB. It works better out of rough and is the right length to get to the long par 3s and it's cheaper. GL

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2010 5:06 PM

YankeeJim:
    In the long run you'll eventually get to the point where you won't need 2 fairway clubs. A long driver and an assortment of wedges will be where you wind up

um.....definately not.  LOL Jim.  U crazy.

Unless your talking solely about the new front 9 at St Andrews, there's no reason to carry 4 wedges and give up possible eagle opportunities.  The only reason to debate it on St. Andrews is the ability to get to #5 in 2 with a G10 3 iron in most wind sets.

BEV0, The V2 Pro 3W is a good choice.  I bag it for most rounds.  I might look to upgrade my driver first though to the R9.

• PAGES
RSS