Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • strrretch
    84 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:05 AM

No hole in ones for me but the course is magnificent.  The green on # 3 is...shall we say challenging.  The elevation changes are truly one of a kind.  Love the course and will never whine again about how there is no Canadian content.  Well done WGT and perhaps will play again after i earn another 60 credits.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:09 AM

I like it, looks better than Cabo for sure, shame it's not a proper WGT course but it's better than not having it at all.

The tee shots are not all just whack it with a driver which makes a nice change, there are several where you can risk a driver but laying up is really a better option.   I too found some of my approaches coming up way shorter than usual, maybe the distances are a bit out, maybe it was just me.  I'd have to play a few more times to be sure.

Personally I like the tough greens, makes the game-within-a-game a bit more interesting.  I did have a couple of 3 putts but given some of the slopes there that wasn't too surprising.  Some of those greens make the Oakmont ones look like a billiard table.

• seniorbruno
    722 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:19 AM

Did not know we had a new course. Stumbled on it looking at tournament list. Entered and teed off. Beautiful course, nice graphics, challenging layout. But.... the pin placements absolutely suck ! There must be a few flat areas somewhere on at least a couple of holes. It's like fantasy putt-putt. Look, I shot 61 with two eagles and no bogeys but I hate the greens.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:33 AM

Beautiful course,difficult ,the fisrt time,i played a 71, i think i missed most fairways,greens well some feels like champion greens ,some Tourny greens....nice to see a new course............by the way Seniorbruno.how can you say pin placements suck...... when you make a 61 .....wow i will most likely never  shot a 61 on this course, but congrats on a solid 61  

• Timberg1984
    9 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:17 PM

Set myself on the mission of trying to get through 18 holes without bogeys and 3-putts. Only the the 12th hole stopped me from succeeding (bogey and 3-putt): It was like putting up the wall there. :) Tap-in eagle at the 7th was nice, but the stats were no fun to read afterward.

score to par: -6

gir: 100%

average distance to the pin: 8.1 ft

total distance made putts: 44.36

longest putt: 6.8

1-putts: 6

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:55 PM

I agree with a few here No:12 PIN needs changing, had a 3 ft putt cross ways ,liped it and end up 22 feet away,hit next putt to inside a foot and went 17feet back down the hill...

Its a PUTT Putt green

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:57 PM

WGT, please fix the 6th green...  Had a 5 footer right behind the hole with 2 inches downhill, showing the slightest of left-to-right break (not the violent shank that I ended up with)..  the next putt was 3 feet back uphill and had the same result.. a VIOLENT right-to-left that also didn't come close to touching any part of the hole..  it feels like mini-golf on these greens...  all you can do is laugh, I guess.. or go back to playing SA for the one millionth time...

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:13 PM

CMcCartney727:

WGT, please fix the 6th green...  Had a 5 footer right behind the hole with 2 inches downhill, showing the slightest of left-to-right break (not the violent shank that I ended up with)..  the next putt was 3 feet back uphill and had the same result.. a VIOLENT right-to-left that also didn't come close to touching any part of the hole..  it feels like mini-golf on these greens...  all you can do is laugh, I guess.. or go back to playing SA for the one millionth time...

Actually, nevermind.. don't fix it.. I don't really care, since I won't play this course again.  I thought I was harsh yesterday and figured I'd give it another shot tonight and boy do I feel like a dope.. 3 three-putts after the first 7 holes (3 putts from 5 feet on 6).  I did birdie the other 4 holes, but the putting is a joke.  The last straw was  a FLAT- yes, FLAT as in no uphill or downhill slope- 4.6 foot putt on #7 that I hit 7.5 feet on tourney greens and it came up short.  This was after my first putt from 9 feet that I barely breathed on went 5 feet past.   WD for me...  I consider myself lucky that all I lost was the RG entry.   Truegolf = doodoo

• fiedlerworoof
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:55 PM

I have got in touch with the tech. support about these problems. What I feel is that they make you miss on purpose. It is their design. The result is anger, frustration and a desire not to visit this website again. They cheat.

RSS