Forums

Help › Forums

OK where have ya hidden it?

Sat, Feb 20 2010 2:00 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 3:49 AM

I cannot see the gifting button anymore.  This creates a problem as I wish to gift prizes to WGT members that have won in competitions.  I have also set out many more prizes in the future based upon this facility, and now I am wondering if I have to withdraw the option of WGT prizes

I deposited funds into my account in preperation to award the prizes of Wedges and balls to various players. 

I have done this as recent as late December/Early January this year, without any problem. Now it seems the button has disappeared. However your help/FAQ still states " Gifting allows a WGT member to give a club, sleeve of balls or an avatar to a friend, whether they are a WGT member already or not. Eligible equipment will display a GIVE AS GIFT button next to the BUY NOW button in the Pro Shop."

So could you please enlighten me on how to locate the elusive button, so that I may give those players their hard earned prizes.

Many Thanks

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 4:46 AM

I see it on anything a Hack+ can buy. 

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 5:19 PM

So I have wasted my money in crediting my account to pay out WGT equipment as it is obviously apparent, that the only equipment you can gift is either Amateur or Hack equipment - What is the point of that?  It is a complete nonsensical move.    I will now remove ALL prizes that were earmarked for prizes throughout the year and offer alternatives, as WGT doesn't seem to want to answer the question i posed.

I am disappointed that WGT, hasn't seen the value of players being able to progress any further than amateur to pro through the gifting system.

As for the cash i deposited, well it looks as if  that is wasted.

What a shame WGT won't be seeing any future deposits (that WGT would gain revenue from) for prizes from me.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 5:36 PM

I see the reason for not gifting Pro and Master level equipment as it deters cheating for one.  Albeit frustrating at times, it does make sense.

Perhaps you can just work something separate out with WGT for your tournys.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:17 PM

putters make for nice gifts...for instance the TM Spider would be greatly appreciated in many a players bag

Bravo to your generosity and I hope you can find a solution to your dillema

Cheers

• holebrowser
    21 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:22 PM

A spider is nice if your only other choice is the starter putter or a stick, other than that the redwood or rossa are nicer and it would be nice to be able to gift them to the appropriate tiers.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:20 AM

CM2.... perhaps you would be better served by communicating directly with WGT instead of airing this grievance here in the forums.

IIRC, gifting has always been restricted to certain levels/ranks.  I am sorry that you did not realize this in time to save yourself some both time and money, but it's always been the rule.

Should you write to them  (members@worldgolftour.com) perhaps you and they can come up with an equitable solution and not so many hurt feelings?

Just a thought.

Peace.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:49 AM

Crazyman2:
    So I have wasted my money in crediting my account to pay out WGT equipment

Not necessarly...When I ran my little deal one guy wanted something tha wasn't on the gift list so i did like Snaike suggested and emailed them and they were happy to get the prize to them.I'm sure they will assist in your contest as well.Good luck.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 8:34 AM

Snaike:

CM2.... perhaps you would be better served by communicating directly with WGT instead of airing this grievance here in the forums.

IIRC, gifting has always been restricted to certain levels/ranks.  I am sorry that you did not realize this in time to save yourself some both time and money, but it's always been the rule.

Should you write to them  (members@worldgolftour.com) perhaps you and they can come up with an equitable solution and not so many hurt feelings?

Just a thought.

Peace.

I've always wondered why "elevated tier gifts" to someone couldn't be "held" by WGT, then "unveiled" when the giftee reached the tier that allowed the use of that particular gift.

Seems like a win-win to me... i.e. fairness, incentive to advance, incentive to gift... Maybe in a future update?

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 9:11 AM

I fully understand that I cannot gift Pro or master equipment to a amateur or hack - What I do not understand is the fact that a player who is already a master cannot be gifted equipment. That makes no sense whatsoever. If that player is already a master (then no cheating is a reason for an argument against - and the way our system works - a cheat couldn't possibly bypass it)  The prizes I offered were "a wedge of your choice (subject to your tier)"  However I cannot gift a wedge unless that player wishes to DOWNGRADE to a lower level club. As regards balls, then unless they are prepared to accept a lower quality ball they cannot be rewarded. In fact it would appear they would be penalised for winning !!!

It is not a grievence of any kind (if it was I certainly wouldn't be as naive as to write it in here,  it is simply my not understanding the reasoning behind such a ridiculous situation. As regards writing (emailing) WGT direct.  I hasten to add that the last time  I tried that, it took 5 weeks to get a reply.  I do not wish to wait 5 weeks, as I wish to honour my agreement to fulfil my obligation to award those winners the prizes I set out.

I have now decided if those winning players agree I will upgrade the prizes (within the scope of the "gifting fiasco" to perhaps a rescue club ( a little more in credits - but at least it is not too much of a step backwards in the level of performance/level)  I will now in future change the prize system OUTSIDE of WGT equipment as it is unsatisfactory and vague to say the least. 

At least I know better now, than to try and increase any revenue (albeit a fraction) for WGT.  Shame really, as I thought it was a reasonable idea.  Oh well, we live and learn.

Keep smiling & Happy Golfin'

• PAGES
RSS