Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Colour

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:49 AM (3 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:55 PM

Anyone here been experimenting with ball color to provide the best contrast on your computer monitor.  So far I have tried light blue, dark blue, purple, white, and yes pink; 

So far pink (lol) provides the best contrast between the sky, green and fairway, ie easy to spot.  Anyone here have different preferences.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:31 AM

I use to always use to like white but lately I lose yellow. I believe they show up the best

• IPv6Freely
    13 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:35 AM

More than anything, I'd just like to know WTF different coloured balls cost different amounts of credits. Why?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:49 AM

IPv6Freely:
    More than anything, I'd just like to know WTF different coloured balls cost different amounts of credits. Why?

Easy really... people who don't mind spending more for the exact same thing get to look different from the crowd.

It's a no brainer, money maker for WGT.  If you find someone willing to pay 2x (3x+) more than someone else, why not take advantage of it.

I half expected them to come out with American Flag (Canadian Flag, Swedish Flag, etc) balls for the Olympics and charge 5x normal price.

And, believe it or not, there are a bunch of ppl here who would buy them.

Back to the OP:

Infinito3010:
    Anyone here been experimenting with ball color to provide the best contrast on your computer monitor.  So far I have tried light blue, dark blue, purple, white, and yes pink;
    The only reason I would try another color ball IRL is so I can see it on the fairway walking up... here, as long as the computer knows where the bal is, I don't see a need to change colors.  It's amazing how the computer can always find the ball (if it's in play.)

RSS