Forums

Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 7 2010 3:03 PM (3 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:06 PM

I know that I will get nothing but crap from the regular players but!  I do not know how many 3 inch putts per round it is possible to get but i just had 5 on kiawah.  Putts run towards the hole, as they approach, appear to be going in, in the last two fee, look like they rolled off of a table.  Dead right or left, that is one scenario, the next, ball is breaking in towards the hole, appear to be going in only this time the ball straightens out and misses on the high side, the dots by the hole are still moving but the ball stops breaking.  Recently before the last upgrade, if the ball was moving very slowly, if it cought the edge, it would curl in, now the ball, barely moving catches the edge and lips out, stopping 2-3 inches behind the hole.  Have had more good rounds ruined with putts on fast or very fast greens rolling directly at the hole then appear to hit a piece of snott or other impediment and coming to a stop very quickly.  Yes! I have made a lot of putts, however it's like the program tries to figure out everything bad that can happen and then implements those impediments.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:45 PM

I've had more lip-outs recently too.  But not necessarily a lot of strange breaks, I tend to bang the short putts in so maybe that helps.

My theory on the lip-outs is guys are banging the side of the cup when they remove the pin. This rounds off the edge of the cup and leads to lip outs.  A sharp edge will grab a ball that peeks into the hole.  So guys, be more careful with the flagstick eh?

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:58 PM

LOL!

Actually, I always get the ball out of the hole with my putter, if that's not available, I will dig it out with my driver.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 3:03 PM

haji97071:

LOL!

Actually, I always get the ball out of the hole with my putter, if that's not available, I will dig it out with my driver.

Oh swell!!  LOL

I must be following you then. 

By the way, stop dragging your feet and leaving spike marks too!  LOL

RSS