Forums

Help › Forums

Monitor - Bigger = easier?

Fri, Feb 5 2010 4:55 PM (39 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:13 AM

dorkfeatures:

I have the latest technology computer available, heaps of processor power, heaps of memory, 4 Gigs Ram - shut every possible program down, and I still get the meter spiking, stuttering etc.  Go figure ??

Doug

This totally supports my view that busy server loads do effect the game, thanks for this report.  No point in me upgrading and luckily my issues are very minimal, except at busy times like Sunday night.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:20 AM

Doublemochaman:

Jayjon... I think the meter speed is relative to the screen size.  For example, on a full drive let's say it takes 1.5 seconds to go from the top of the swing to the "ding" point.  For illustration sake let's now look at WGT being played on something as large as a drive-in movie screen!  That bar still zips between those two points in 1.5 seconds.  Except on the huge screen it is now travelling about 30mph! 

Wow that would really be awesome!    Thanks for the analogy, that sums it up nicely.

62" will be great too, too bad my old laptop only has S-video (blah) or a VGA output, a true shame as I want to watch movies on the TV too from the laptop. 

--------

Thank you everyone for commenting on the bigger Monitor question.  It seems everyone agrees that while a bigger monitor is awesome and will increase your enjoyment level and maybe even your comfort level with the game, the meter still moves just as fast.    DAMN!   LOL    There goes that hope out the window!  

• jguy51
    12 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:55 AM

THE METER JUST SUCKS . there must be a better way to judge half distance quarter distance and so on. Even then it should be more accurate

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 6:26 AM

Somebody help this computer-illiterate old man...how do I change the game screen to full view? I looked at my settings, but didn't see the option there.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 8:57 AM

That's another area where TWO is ahead of WGT. TWO offers a dedicated keyboard shortcut for switching to full-screen: the F2 key. TWO also offers dozens of other extremely useful keyboard shortcuts.

In contrast, there is a single dedicated keyboard shortcut in WGT: pressing the SPACEBAR for switching to Zoom view & back. That's too bad, considering all the untapped potential of keyboard shortcuts.

So in order to switch to full-screen in WGT, you need to use your browser's keyboard shortcut, rather than a game-dedicated shortcut. In most browsers, it should be enough for you to press the F11 key to switch to full-screen. However, I've found that this is buggy in WGT; it sometimes works, sometimes not.

In order for it to work always, WojciechMigda advised us the trick of launching the game from the direct link, rather than from the pop-up window. Just bookmark this link and click on it:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx 

A full-fledged browser window will open, with the Menu items and commands intact. So, just go to the (for example) View => Full screen menu in your browser to play this golf game in full screen. This works every time.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 9:33 AM

Joel, Here's the short answer to your question.

On your game client pop-up window, upper right hand corner..

should bring your window to full screen.

Shame on you Faterson for going off-topic and bringing TWO into this thread as well as short cuts.  Absolutely nothing to do with playing WGT in full screen.  Start another thread if you want to discuss TWO shortcut capability.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 9:56 AM

Are you hallucinating, Andyson?

That is not full-screen, but maximizing the window. A completely different thing. Maximizing the window is lame like hell, no esthetics whatsoever. Only true full-screen is the real deal. (Except that the one here at WGT does not support wide-screen; yet another disadvantage compared to TWO, where wide-screen does work, albeit not perfectly.)

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:17 AM

Faterson:
    (Except that the one here at WGT does not support wide-screen; yet another disadvantage compared to TWO

Enough of TWO

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:00 PM

Crazyman2:

oh that is too funny, thx for that :) 

ps.  i did add the things in question to the running wishlist here:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/8674.aspx   so more need to bring them up :) 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 1:22 PM

Faterson:

Are you hallucinating, Andyson?

I must be hallucinating because I thought I was discussing WGT and all I read in response is TWO

F11 does nothing (and I really don't care for keyboard shortcuts so I'm OK with that.) on my computer so I guess I've never seen what you call full-screen, unless its on a you-tube video.

I gave Joel ( who prefaced his question with "Somebody help this computer-illiterate old man...") a simple solution. Maybe in your mind not the ideal solution. But  I did not overwhelm him with a bunch of mumbo-jumbo F2 key, F11 key, shortcuts, and then tell him it might not work anyway. 

I preferred to keep it simple for him.

RSS