Forums

Help › Forums

Whats the point buying stuff if speed is random

Sat, Jan 23 2010 11:53 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1good1
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:03 AM
    More and more the game is totally not playable anymore. Just playing a matchgame for nine holes. In three holes the application give random speed by approaching and putting. Stuff like an excellent put for 7 feet becoming a putt for 23 feet while played with a 15ft-putter??? How can you play a match play when stuff like this is randomly happening??? Worse thing this happens more and more..... Just play here for a couple of weeks but not for long if this keeps happening. Waste of my time in that way
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 12:12 PM
    you are a very bad putter sir. JB
  • wormburner26
    25 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 12:38 PM

I would somewhat agree here. After finally breaking down and purchasing new clubs, drivers, & putter, I can hardly play anymore. The greens have changed totally in steep-ness and speeds. I had to retire the brand new putter as I couldn't use it. Forgiving? NOT! The game is no longer fun with random slopes and speeds. They got my $$$$$ and it will be the last! It seems not that if you barely miss the perfect spot, you're screwed as the ball will fly as if you missed it completely. NO FUN ANYMORE!

Wormy

ps...i was recruiting players as quickly as possible....no more. 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:43 PM

Have you tried some of the game tips in the Tips forums? It does take some time to get used to the greens, especially after you've bought new clubs. Here is a helpful post: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:09 PM

Have patience grasshopper, oops excuse me I meant worm. Just because you bought clubs does not mean your game is going to change overnight. You will get used to the changes and your game will improve. Did it not take you awhile to get used to the starter clubs, well the same is going to happen with the upgrades.

You made a wise choice with your club upgrade, be patient and practice with them and in no time at all your avg will drop a few points.  Good Luck.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:38 PM

Clearing your Flash cache is a good idea after upgrading and equipping new clubs.

And if you upgrade all your clubs, you'll end up having to work to get back to your normal comfort zone.   

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 3:58 PM

I wish that I could find the thread, but what we all pretty much said was it took about ten to twenty rounds to get a good grip on new equipment especially if you are going from starters to something much different.

Keep with it and have fun.

Happy hitting

• wormburner26
    25 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 7:24 AM

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I'm not sure how to "clear my cache" as someone suggested, but I will re-equip my bag and try some more. It's just very frustrating to have a 68 handicap, purchase new equip, play several (15 or so) rounds and have my handicap balloon up to a 76. Thanks again guys, hopefully, I can get back in the groove.

• 1good1
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:25 AM
    People I understand the point of practising when you get new equioment. That is not my point. I played very good rounds with my new equipment and I enjoyed it a lot even if I make bad shots (by bad clicking or bad club / speed choices). My example was that I hit an excellent put (perfect put) with a 15 feet putter at less than half speed. So the result should like a 7 feet put. Nevertheless the ball goes for 23 feet....as if I was playing with a 45 feet putter. That is not practising that is a game bug. My problem is that I encouter these game bugs more and more especcially when the traffic is busy.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:33 AM

That type of avg spike is probably normal.

I just recently upgraded just my irons (and added a new wedge), and my average temporarily went up around 5 strokes.   But it was a relatively easy adjustment for me since I still had my old wedges and putter to fall back on after errant shots with my new irons.

• PAGES
RSS