Forums

Help › Forums

Hole Size

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:23 PM (9 replies)
  • oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:25 PM

The size of the holes on WGT must have shrunk. I feel like nearly every putt I hit recently has to lip in or out. Please look into this WGT, there are just too many lip outs recently.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:42 PM

Speed is fundamental. They stop lipping out when the speed is right. More green speeds=more confusion-be careful not to treat them indifferently.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 4:50 PM

Speed. Kills. The "very fast" green speeds are just that. I don't think a bug exist here in this case.

That's my 2 cents.

• mannyo68
    23 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 4:54 PM
    Just curious.... about the size of the hole more than if there is an issue with it changing. How big do you think the hole is in comparison with the size of the ball. two balls width or three?
  • jaguar1981
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 4:58 PM
    true it's almost impossible to get that ball in the hole this game is good but *** i don't understand why over all my round that i had play i can't get any better. Real golf is way easier to putt and get a good line, in this game you feel that you got the right line it's always too short or an inch aside WHY?????????????????????????????????
  • bignich
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:14 PM
    It's called...MISSING A PUTT! lol
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:22 PM

jaguar1981:
    Real golf is way easier to putt and get a good line,

Oh really.  LOL

So in real golf any slapnut can pick up a set of beginner clubs and within a week or 2 be a scratch golfer?  Well, we'll see on on tour by Augusta then, ay?  Sorry, I have to call shenanigans on that statement. ;)

Not to mention putting itself.  If you were to play both of these courses in real life under fast conditions you would be 3-4 putting every single hole.  I would personally guarantee that you wouldn't 1 putt a single hole over the course of a single round.

Keep practice dude, you'll get it.  Same holes with same pin placements, breaks and lines.  Eventually you'll get the feel.  However, just like real golf, some days you have it, and some days you don't.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:46 AM

Heh-funny and appropriate post, Oak. Nice call.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 10:04 AM

jaguar1981:
    Real golf is way easier to putt and get a good line,

yes, but sometimes you miss the windmill and have to two-putt.

• TheLegendary
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2010 2:23 PM

jaguar1981:
    Real golf is way easier to putt and get a good line, in this game you feel that you got the right line it's always too short or an inch aside WHY?????????????????????????????????

Yes, but in real golf we can hit shanks, the furthest offline i think i've ever hit is the tree's on BB #1.  If they made putting easy all of us would tear up the game like TWO.  The thing is if they made putting and striking both that easy, we would be complain about it being unrealistic.  So my point is that most of us want a realistic game that you cna still shoot arround par but not amazingly low, that's where putting comes in.

RSS