Forums

Help › Forums

Reading break from reverse angle

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 17 2010 7:20 PM (2 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 5:47 PM

Has anyone noticed that the 'little white balls' which show you how much side to side movement there will be seem to go much slower in reverse angle?

If so, which is to be believed?!

It does seem that if you leave the reverse angle on long enough they do go a little faster so maybe its a loading thing, leading me to believe the break is better read from front angle (for amount of break)

(I guess I noticed this before but never paid it much attention and now I'm curious)

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 6:30 PM
    I have noticed this as well. Has made me second guess a putt on more than one occaision.
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 7:20 PM

Its probably because the moving dots, that are near the hole, are closer when viewed from the reverse angle. 

I look at putts from both angles, but I prefer striking putts from the front view.  I'm not saying this is the best way, but for me, it feels better as the front view is how a putt appears from the players perspective.  Hitting putts from the reverse angle gets complicated...especially those tricky side hillers where I intentionally miss the line for more break. 

Keep in mind, when putting from the reverse angle, only the view is reversed, everything else is the same as if viewed from the front.  For example, if you intentionally try hitting the putt left or right of the line in the reverse view, you'll need to do the opposite from what you are seeing on the screen.  If this doesn't make sense, in a practice game, try hitting some putts intentionally left or right of the meter line and from the reverse view...you'll see what I mean.

Joey

RSS