Forums

Help › Forums

The Monster that lives on the Back 9 of Kiawah!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:37 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:54 AM

OK. This might explain why after 1 day short of a Year on WGT. I have never seen the alligators that I know exist on the Kiawah course. The Monster ate them all. I just finished a Ready Go All 18. The front 9 was Fine. Picked up 5 easy birds. Now it should be easy to grab 3, 4 or even 5 more on the back. Right? Not the case! My approach shots were all over the place. I am going to attempt to attach a replay showing this. Here is the scenario. Conditions: Moderate Winds - Fast Greens - Tourney Tee's

Hole Number 12 Middle of the Fairway. Perfect Lie

187 yards out. Default target aim on the pin and or cup. Never moved it! Pulled my Ping Rapture V2 3 Iron out my bag. This club is good for 190 yards. The wind is 8 mph right at me. switching slightly left a couple of degrees. So standing over my GI-SD ball in good condition. (Still white). I apply 1/2 back spin to the ball. To help it check up at 190 yards. Then I draw the club back to 98% of the swing radius and let her go. Bam! Ding! spin spin spin Excellent! And I look up to see my ball heading straight at the right edge of the little white house - way out in the distance. Straight on a string. Just as it reaches the highest point of its trajectory. It begins to roll over into a draw. Just as I expected. How ever. The peak of little whit house's gable is 20 feet or 5 yards left of the flag stick. Where's this ball going? It lands the green and low & behold comes to rest at exactly 190 Yards in distance. Just as I wanted it to. Yeah! Except why am I 20 feet right of the flag? 12 may be on a bad day! But 20? Now close your eyes and imagine taking the perfect swing at a ball into a wind that should have little if any effect on the direction of flight. And know that you hit the perfect distance. Now open them and see your ball trying to ditch in the drink. I don't think this is a Bug at all. This is the Kiawah Monster! The One that has eaten all of the alligators and now feeds on WGT golf balls. Let me tell you he was really hungry today. I rang every bell, hit every green in regulation. And 13.4 feet from the cup was as close as he would allow me  to get my ball on the back 9

Food for thought. Look at my avatars feet. His set up is exactly at the friggin house. Things that make you say hmm?

I want my friggin buck back too!

enough said. Wish me luck on the link to the replay.

Thanks,

CC..

Copy to: The Kiawah Monster!

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON={%20%22GUID%22%20%3A%20%226eaba050-2b80-4874-b135-9cff012d99ce%22%2C%20%22Brand%22%20%3A%20%22undefined%22%20}

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:15 PM

Did you zoom in and check the default aim or just trust it? The shot looks like it went dead straight like it should have so maybe the default aim wasn't where you thought. With avatar rotations on the golfer will adjust to the aim point. Looks like maybe he was, given your house reference. Just guessing.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:29 PM

I  totaly agree with  C.C the front nine is fine...Strange things are going on with the back nine,,i havent got all day to mention them,, but that is the current situation as i belive it to be,,

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:29 PM

YankeeJim:
    Did you zoom in and check the default aim or just trust it?

Yes. It was covering the flag and cup..

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:33 PM

PRIESTESS:
    Strange things are going on with the back nine,

Thanks "P".. Watch my replay.. Somethings up. And Its called the Monster!.lol

Someone please feed it so it will leave me alone. I need to play the 2nd round multi today.

HELP!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:35 PM

CaptainCouples:
    Someone please feed it so it will leave me alone

Hey CC.. I know of a few ppl here that we could sacrifice... 

I'm just sayin'....

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:40 PM

Hey CC... I know the feeling... since the days of ONLY being able to play the back 9 at Kiawah, #12 has been the absolute worst for lateral deviation IMO.... and then you'd hit the next hole where your 140 yard 7 Iron (now 8 for me) would fall 7-10 yards short....

It's lurking in the waters somewhere..... no one knows where though....

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:49 PM

Strange things undeed, especially on the 17th hole. I have a felling WGT tries to get a lot of money out of this hole. The other day, I got to this hole with a pretty neutral wind and played a 5 iron that carried only 162 (into the water). It is supposed to go 185. I took a little distance off for shot, but certaninly not that much.

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:54 PM

Snaike:
    Hey CC.. I know of a few ppl here that we could sacrifice... 

It's lurking in the waters somewhere..... no one knows where though....

Last time I saw him he was in the water that runs along 12 and 13. So Snaike invite all of those guys to meet you for lunch on the 13th tee. Run out there in your cart 15 minutes before they arrive and chain a alligator to the ball washer post. Then get out of there fast.

Let me know when this is scheduled to happen and I will try and time my turn onto the back 9. Hoping that his belly is full when I get to 12.

Thanks,

CC..

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:17 PM

total crap shoot hitting into that green left, right, short, long. better off having heavy winds because mod and low winds just are erratic. right on cc thx JB

• PAGES
RSS