Forums

Help › Forums

Angles for putting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:51 PM (2 replies)
  • jimmyvegasbaby
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 12:31 PM

Hi there, whats with the different angles for putting?

It seems as though on about half of the putts, the angle view is not behind the ball (hole)

it is off to the side. making it very hard to actually guage the putt.

In real golf we can stand anywhere behind or in front of the hole and measure and feel

for the angle and speed of the green.

It wasn't like that before.

?????

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:42 PM

It's always been that way-you're just seeing different looks with the new pins. One of the drawbacks to the new pins is that they might not have the right picture to match up to your lie. There's some strange views from the initial views. However, the reverse view is always the same so switching to that is going to be your best option. Hit the spacebar and you're there.  Mind you, if putting from that reverse view is what you do don't forget that you are looking at the swing backwards, as well as the break. Aim in reverse and putt in forward view if you like. That forward view might not always be the best, though.  gl

YJ

• jimmyvegasbaby
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:51 PM

Thanks, there have been many wierd angles that place your view 40 yards away for the putt.

I sent them to WGT for review.

If only they could fix up the meter issue and allow the player's skill to be the biggest

determining factor in the game, not the glitches, I would be a real happy camper.

By the way I use the fastest DSL cable, and have a new computer with tonns of memory and a great gaming graphic card, so it isnt my side.

Any thoughts?

RSS