Forums

Help › Forums

No view of putt or swing

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:43 AM (3 replies)
  • bheery
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:57 PM

How come there are now so many views around the green that are not covered.  I am constantly having to chip or put with no view of my avatar that is useful.  For instance a 3 fott putt and my view id a birds eye view from 50 yds away so I cannot see the slope and have to putt with a reverse view.

Or on chip shots the view is from behind a hill 30 yds away and no view of my avatar, ball or green just a mess of color.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 11:19 AM

bheery:
    How come there are now so many views around the green that are not covered.

Because your view of the green is an actual photograph of that course and hole.  As developing these courses for us to play on takes many, many hours and a large number of actual photographs, they can only take so many per hole.

It's not drawn in, so you can't just zone and pan around some artist's depiction.

Hope that helps, if not, perhaps someone else can explain it better than me.

have a nice day.

• bheery
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:35 AM

But surely a putt of two feet on a green has been taken from all angles.  But I have to putt at times from a viewing distance of 20 or 30 yds away from the green.  With that view you cannot see the green undulations as they get overlapped in the view and you just have to guess or do a reverse view which is available.  I understand you statement in regard to chip shots but not putts.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:43 AM

Speaking for myself , I only putt from the reverse angle b/c it more of a green level view. The "front" view is usually from a steeper angle, and the avatar seems to block my view. Longer putts, I will look at both views to see the break from both ends of the putt, but 99% of them time, when I make the putt, it's from the reverse.

RSS