Help › Forums

Ready Go #1522 - Play Suspended

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:29 PM (6 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:43 PM

Good Afternoon....

Are there any known issues affecting the WGT Server this afternoon?

I have reached the limit of my tolerance for having patience with the usual WGT quirks on this day.

Specifically - I am midway through my play in Ready Go # 1522 and the game is performing so horribly that I have suspended play.  I will resume it tomorrow (in accordance with the 24 hour rule) and hope for better performance.

Here is what is happening:

LOADING NEXT LOCATION spins and spins and spins.  It never gets there.  I am getting LoadManager Error Timeout:  Asset took more than 30 seconds to load on almost every single shot.  In some cases I never get it.  The blue LOADING NEXT LOCATION icon just spins on forever.  I have had to close and restart my Browser window 4 times in 4 holes.  I AM NOT ENJOYING THIS GAME ONE BIT on this day.

I Right-clicked and submitted a Bug Report from the 13th Hole.  Please look for it.

I EVEN REBOOTED MY MACHINE.  And yes, I cleared the Caches and it did NOTHING to fix things - so this is why I ask again....

ARE THERE ANY LARGER KNOWN SERVER ISSUES AT WGT TODAY?

I can assure you the problem is NOT:  1.  My computer or 2.  My DSL

To all other players in #1522 - I am sorry for the delay but I doubt you see 49 scores post and it is only me you are waiting for anyway.

I am on the 14th Hole and I will resume on Saturday.

Best Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:50 PM

Thanks for sending a report. We will take a look.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 4:45 AM

I've had exactly the same thing happen in the Week 2 CTTH. After the 8th hole, the game just keeps timing out. I tried again and again, even starting the round again and clearing my flash cache, but nothing.

It happened from about 6 to 7 PM my time, which is very close to the time mentioned in this thread by AC, so I'm thinking it was a server thing.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 5:02 AM

I have now completed this round.  With a 40.  :-(

We can only speculate as to how I would have scored if I had not needed to close the browser window and restart it 4 times in 4 holes - and then take a 17 hour break before completing.

Oh, the humanity...

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 12:23 PM

Hi atlanta, are you still having problems with gameplay today?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:22 PM

A thousand words there AC! The thread you first mention a problem in actually turned out to be a really informative one thanks to infinito. It may apply here because I experienced first hand what you are going through and fixed it by that thread. (It was just a case of me undoing something I hadn't needed to mess with.)  

You  may have followed it but here's the link in case. GL

http://wgt.com/forums/t/7987.aspx?PageIndex=1

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:29 PM

Alex....

WGT is performing mostly normally since Saturday.  I had a multi-player game  disrupted on Sunday night by a "stuck" LOADING (Stroke Play w/no option to reconnect so the game was lost which was too bad the other players were nice).

My screen was frozen so "Right Click to report" was not an option.

Will continue to keep an eye on it for things that I interpret to be potential WGT issues.

Thanks, AC

RSS