Forums

Help › Forums

Realistic expectation to "earn" credits and earnings?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:32 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:09 PM

Hi there. I'm just about to turn "pro" and maybe buy some clubs. I have 50 credits that I thought I got from a tourney but it turns out that was for turning amateur.

It would seem that maybe I have not earned any credits (or earnings) from the tourneyments although I have only been a member for about a week and that probably isnt long enough to know for sure as I know payouts are delayed.

So what I am wondering is what can someone expect to earn in the "average" tourney? Now obviously this depends how good you golf, tourney payout and how many people there are signed up, I am just looking for some kind of estimate not precision to see how long it might take to earn some clubs.

Say someone enters 3 tourneys a week and golfs par?

I also have a question on earnings, I think it can be used to buy clubs? Also, is it real money that can be cashed out?

I'm guessing the "not free" tourney's have some bigger payouts but are probably harder to win as all the sharks with the best clubs reside there.

TIA for some answers.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:33 AM
    Check out the leaderboards for the tourneys and then look at the tourney FAQ's for how many people are getting paid out. As for golfing par, you will win $0. You will need to be quite a bit under par to win anything.
  • Knighton
    35 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:06 PM

No offense, but if you shoot par in the ready go tournaments that go on non stop every week, you won't be making any credits, you'll be losing credits ( the 100 you paid to enter ) b/c the brackets are all together (master/pro/amateur) and everyone scores together, leaving the masters and sick pro's in the top 10 every time.

So good luck, and practice more!

-Tyler Knighton

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 12:36 PM

Hello and Welcome hayjonbeach.  You can find the results for past tournaments by clicking on "Tournaments" then "View Past Tournaments".  They are broken down by tier so you can see the credit distributions and scores.  I agree, par will probably not win you anything, but it is a good indicator of how you are progressing. 

Your thread is about "Realistic Expectation"...of course, that will be different for everyone...but if you want to be successful around here and eventually compete, learn, read, practice ask questions and after all that, practice some more.  Keep in mind that your starter equipment might not do all the things upgraded equipment can do...again Expectations.     

There are lots of good guys around here that will help so ask questions.  Be sure to read the Getting Started and FAQs over there-------------->

Joey

PS: Be careful or you might get hooked (smile)

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:11 PM

ill answer ur question for ya matey! get ur visa card, if you dont have 1you can get em at the post office, stick 50 bucks on ur account and get a couple o sets of clubs n balls.

try n save 20 bucks if you want to go to master tees :)

master clubs r the best!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:49 PM

Thanks everyone for some answers.

No one answered about the actual money though?

Also can "earnings" be applied to new clubs?

Looks like the best thing to do is just buy some clubs rather than trying to "earn" them, that might take too long. With better clubs will come better scores, than maybe I'll try competing in some of the other tourney's like Ready-Go.

• CoastieJeff
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:41 PM

Jayjon does bring up a good question. If you pay actual dollars to purchas credits to buy the best clubs and balls, and then win credits in tourneys, can those credits won be sold back for actual dollars? It would only seem fair, wouldn't it?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:00 PM

Jayjonbeach asks:

I also have a question on earnings, I think it can be used to buy clubs? Also, is it real money that can be cashed out?

************************************************************************************************

We can purchase credits or we can earn them.  We earn credits by playing and placing high enough in tournaments or by moving up in tiers.  Credits can then be used to upgrade our equipment or to enter pay competitions.  The rub is it is difficult, at least at first, to earn enough credits to do anything.  It is up to each of us to decide where to go from there.       

I am not aware of any way to cash out credits but we can sell our upgraded clubs back for credits.

Joey

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:00 PM

As the game stands now, you're not going to win any credits shooting par in any of the free tournys (except for hack tier where you may win .01 credits).

And at best, a tiny fraction of your 100cr back in the RG's. 

Credits won in credit payout tournaments can be used towards clubs and RG and other premium tournament fees.

Credits cannot be cashed out.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:37 PM

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, I see "credits" and I also see "earnings", these are two different entities as far as I can tell but maybe they amount to exactly the same thing not sure.

"Credits" I would think can only be used to buy clubs and enter tourney's and probably can not be cashed out. This is only my assumption however.

What about the "earnings" though? Cash out? Buy clubs? These earnings seem to only come from RG tourneys where you actually pay to play although I think I got some from moving up tiers as well.

Yeah I get the "par" comments, I was just trying to give an example so hopefully someone would post some "sample" payouts. Maybe a better example is someone shooting 31 - 33 on a 9 hole event.....   I did check some of the old tourneyments and I see which scores are winning and how much they are paying although it does NOT show credit payouts, only earning payouts not sure why.

• PAGES
RSS