Forums

Help › Forums

ranking

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:59 PM (5 replies)
  • dirtay
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:20 PM

I recently was upgraded to pro ranking (78.15). As a result the computer has me hitting from the championship tees. This is way harder since I haven't upgraded my clubs yet. My question for you all is this...I see other players with similar rank as me but they are still catagorized as amatuer status. How is that?

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:37 PM

I think your referring to the "9 hole unlimited" for this week...Yes? Somehow the tees got reversed for the pro and masters but, next week it should be back to normal. All the others should be fine. Atleast you can see what to look forward to playing from the masters tees.

I`m not clear on what your question is regarding other players rank. Is it  the average your talking about or rank?

• dirtay
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:45 PM

Today when I logged in to play, I saw under player spotlight, a player who is an amatuer with a rank of 75. This is a lower rank than mine but he is amatuer and I am pro.

• dirtay
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:48 PM

By the way...yes I was referring to the "9 hole unlimited". Wow that was tough with the stock clubs, mainly driver.

Thanks

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:09 PM

Sounds like a glitch on that page(it happens frequently) or it Could be a player that hasn`t played since they changed the tiers back in the spring before the master tier was added which would have placed them in that tier. I think that the Am. became Pro when they did that.

I can relate to the challenge having started back in June playing Bethpage from the back tees with the standard equipment and only hitting(reaching) about half of the fairways!

GL and enjoy

• dirtay
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:59 PM

Ya...unfortunately it's how I play in real life...Har! 

Thanks for the help.

RSS