Help › Forums

Practice rnd ball hits?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 3 2010 7:36 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ondebyou
    11 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:58 PM
    I thought I read here quite a while back that during practice rounds, hits on the ball would not count. I must be mistaken??
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:42 PM
    I have not heard that one. When I practice I use the wgt balls and tournaments I use the better balls.
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 8:03 PM

The change in meter speed don't bother you Duffer?  When I'm practicing for a tourney I like to use the balls that I'm going to use in the tourney.They do take hits off while in the practice mode which I don't like that but I use the GI balls and there is to much difference in the meter speed for me.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:31 PM

I use the tour sd balls Git and I do not see much of a difference in meter speed, but I still use my Rapture Pro driver which has a slow meter speed. My wedges fly just as fast with both balls, really hard to get used to 2 different meter speeds. I'm cheap so I use cheaper balls but SD balls give me 5 to 10 yards on my drives plus they have 1 1/2 dot durability.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:46 AM

Duffer,

Only balls with the GI prefix effect the meter speed. The tour SD and the regular WGT balls have the same speed.

Happy Hitting

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 6:46 AM

I got the Rap Driver and the R9 but I like the R9 better.If it weren't for that I could use the cheap ones too,and I myself am cheap.The R9 meter is just to fast without the GI balls.I like the Tour -SD better  I got about 30 in the bag now that I got when I was in the pro tier.But I can't control them with the Master R9 so I had to swap to the GI balls.The wedges are fast no matter what I use,I 'm with you on that.  I ask WGT if I could gift my old equipment but didn't get a response from them.I can't sell back balls either just clubs.I might have to learn to like the Rapture Driver before it's over but I do like that R9 a lot.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:22 PM

Hi Git, I also have the G10 driver that I use on kiawa, haven't had it long but I am starting to get the fast meter speed down on that. It seems to get me in trouble on BP so I use the rapture there.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:24 AM

GITrDONE:

... The R9 meter is just to fast without the GI balls.I like the Tour -SD better  I got about 30 in the bag now that I got when I was in the pro tier.But I can't control them with the Master R9 so I had to swap to the GI balls.The wedges are fast no matter what I use,I 'm with you on that...  

Hey GIT,  have you thought about using your SD's on the CTTH's? There, you rarely need to use the driver. You could accomplish a couple things: increase your reflex time, and use-up those purchased balls!

I use the UL ball on the CTTH's. They don't slow the swing at all. When I shoot a stroke round, I switch to my "bought" GI's... Wow! The swing seems alot slower, then!

--- just a thought.

Good Luck

;^)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:15 PM

Pretty clever Pugs.I'll be getting something for nothing the way I see it.I can use the SD's up and get in some practice, which I need badly.Makes sense to me.

Thanks for the help.

Larry

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:28 PM

PugsAce:
    just a thought.

I lust want to publicly say thanks for the idea Pugs.I just ranked 32 in the KW CTTH Weekly and got my first recorded hole in one.

Thanks PugsAce,

Larry

• PAGES
RSS