Forums

Help › Forums

Hello 2 questions please

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:38 PM (8 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:27 PM

Very cool game thanks to whoever created this!

1. Not sure why but it seems I am ineligable to enter tourneyments? I just signed up and created a profile and tried to enter FREE tourneys open to every country but it said I was ineligable.

2. Does everyone start with an average score of 150? I have only played one game, got a 78 at Kiawah and now my average score is 138.2?

TIA

Edit - Okay I see now it is my TIER that stops me from some tourneys, I did just enter one though.

So the more important question now is how to get a better Tier?   After my one game it says I am still a HACK but during my play it said I was an Amateur so a little confused on that .

Thanks again

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 2:30 AM

Check out the Getting Started and FAQs info over there---------------->

Basically, you'll advance through the tiers as you improve.  But that depends on you, want you want from this game and how much you play and learn.  Also, there is a lot you can do here that does not involve competing at the top level or requiring the best equipment. 

You can purchase credits or earn them from playing in tournaments...with those credits, you'll be able to upgrade your equipment.  I'd suggest staying with the starter equipment for a while and see where that takes you.  You will know when its time to go further.  

Welcome and be careful or you might get hooked (smile)

Joey

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:27 AM

Changing Tiers

That should explain all you want to know about tiers.

Happy hitting

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:14 AM

Joeyola:

Joey

Thanks guys for the answers.   Oh yeah, 4 games in already and now "amateur", have my eye on a nice wedge and kick ass putter.  No addiction tendancies here... LOL

• borntobesting
    9,633 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:36 AM

jayjonbeach:

Joeyola:

Joey

Thanks guys for the answers.   Oh yeah, 4 games in already and now "amateur", have my eye on a nice wedge and kick ass putter.  No addiction tendancies here... LOL

forget the wedge, the starter wedges are just fine but do get that putter. The Taylor made spider is a great choice.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:10 AM

jayjonbeach:
    nice wedge and kick ass putter.

If you want a good wedge I'd try the Z-Satin Wedges.Just a suggestion as is the Redwood putter.I tried all three putters and ,to me,the Redwood offers the most forgiveness and accuracy.I know you didn't ask yet but I just thought I would try and catch you before you went shopping.Sorry if you find this post intrusive in any way.I do apologize.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:59 AM

Good advice, Git. Apparently the Spider has a very generous sweet spot and causes a bit of a problem if you putt by "missing." The Redwood is less forgiving which makes it easier to "just miss" and steer the putt plus it has a 5th scale. 

I'm currently helping another player to learn to putt and it was his conclusion about the sweet spot difference. He is using a Spider and having a difficult time. 

YJ

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:01 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I think what I need most is maybe a whole set of irons, hitting onto the green I stink in general and always end up about 14 ft from the pin which turns into 2 putts. A nice set of irons that slowed down the power bar would be nice (I always seem to hot off center in the power bar) but I notice most of the upgrade sets SPEED UP the power bar??!! Any advice on this? TIA again
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:38 PM

YankeeJim:

Good advice, Git. Apparently the Spider has a very generous sweet spot and causes a bit of a problem if you putt by "missing." The Redwood is less forgiving which makes it easier to "just miss" and steer the putt plus it has a 5th scale. 

I'm currently helping another player to learn to putt and it was his conclusion about the sweet spot difference. He is using a Spider and having a difficult time. 

YJ

HI YJ  ive got it going on now my friend thank you my  brother 

chippy

RSS