Forums

Help › Forums

Ability to remove other irons from bag

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:20 AM (7 replies)
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:56 AM

Apologies if this has been suggested already, but I think the availability to remove the 3 or 4 iron would be nice too. This would allow a player to carry an extra wedge or hybrid if deemed necessary.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:12 AM

I would like to remove one of my irons  and replace with another wedge.   I think its the steam iron I would to get rid of.  I would also like a trolley to carry my clubs  as  I am finding the clubs a bit heavy these days, along with all the stuff I got in my bag  - sandwiches - survival kit - compass -gallons of water - various books  on wildlife and survival techniques for when I'm deep in the woods - a  tent - and sat nav system.  Hopefully they will have motorised ones with those all terrain wheels.  I would get a buggy,  but they tend to run out of power after 11 hours on the course, which would be OK if  I only played 4 holes  I suppose.  

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:25 AM

Crazyman2, your crazy indeed. lol  I'm quite sure that's not what NormH3 had in mind, but funny nonetheless.

Norm the rules of professional golf stat that a player have no more than 14 clubs in their bag. I'm sure you already knew this rule though. WGT tries to replicate this factor in the game. One has to strategically pick the right combination of clubs(equaling 14) that will make or break a round. 

I do however see your point. Crazyman, you ought to be able to play for a month without the worry of getting lost with all that gear. lol

Play well.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:34 AM

Hi Norm, This has indeed been suggested before but, it`s still a good idea. So far, WGT has "taken this under advisement" and we can only hope that splitting up the "club sets" will happen eventually.

Crazyman, what are you thinking? You forgot to pack a camera!

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:16 AM

I certainly wouldn't wanna be reminded of  my adventures on the course mefitz. Can you imagine running out of a brand new film on the very first hole!

I would also like to carry a left handed 7 iron (as I do in real life) It is useful for when i am hanging around the branches of the various trees and bushes I encounter when playing.  and I would also like to see the provision for gloves.   At the moment i am having to make do with these boxing gloves which is difficult to control the mouse.  I looked at using rubber gloves  but that would be an excuse for me to do the washing-up.

I am also using a stone i found in the bunker at the 2nd hole  and am using it as a ball marker. Can we have some ball markers?  and pitch repairers, cuz  i am sure that putt i had for a healthy 18 on the par 3  would have been made if it hadn't veered off 24 inches to the left , still, I was happy with a 20 on that one!

So  to recap 

Ball markers, Pitch mark repairers gloves  (all from pro shop)  I know  they won't achieve anything  but its nice to be fully kitted out.  and more revenue for you WGTand when the left handed clubs arrive  can you supply separate the 7 irons as a one off purchase?  Many Thanks

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:46 AM

Well..it was just a thought. I am VERY greatful for what WGT has provided here. Since we are able to add and remove optional clubs, I thought it would be reasonable to add/remove irons as well.

I also realize that because this is BETA, there may be a time when this is no longer a free site. As someone who has been in the computer industry for 32 years, I totally understand that. Thanks for allowing us users to list  suggestions to make WGT a thriving venue.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 6:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, and hope you are enjoying the game.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:20 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with Norm's suggestion!  I'd like the ability to switch out my 3I for a 3H and/or switch out my PW for a Taylor Made Z Satin Master 54. They both overlap but in my opinion both out perform the club they are replacing.  And one is gathering dust right now.

Definitely needs to be added to the Player Suggestion List WGTAlex!

RSS