Forums

Help › Forums

No More Fun Of Any Kind...???

Thu, May 23 2024 5:54 PM (2 replies)
  • happel
    54 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2024 10:58 AM

Hey, all. I rarely post anything here. Perhaps some can weigh in and provide me with feedback to my thoughts. Is it me, or is the game different since it went .exe and moved off browser? Just seems to be less fun. The holes are harder, which leads me to think the motivation is: Buy credits to upgrade balls and equipment. I get it. There is a for-profit motive which I wholly endorse. But, all the upgraded equipment I purchased years ago seems to be not as good to use these days. Is it because I mostly play tournaments? Is it because the game is intending to force us into a constant upgrade mode? I don't know the answer to these riddles. I just find I'm not enjoying it any longer. And I cannot even take surveys, or watch videos, for whatever reasons. Maybe my secure browser is blocking stuff. It's leaving me with the notion of just gifting away my remaining credits and quit playing.

Feedback appreciated.

• Zzyzx01
    1,257 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2024 1:05 PM

I remember you from my time at Doc's Place.  The game is certainly different from the good ol' days of Flash and us old dinosaurs long for those days; however, I don't feel the game is any more difficult now.  I have a couple of suggestions to pass along and kindly regard them as my 2 centavos...

1.  To me, this is nothing more than a hobby and as a hobby there are costs whether it is upgrading equipment or balls if one's goal is to be the best they can be (or play).  Then there is the investment of time to reach one's goals.  On the other hand,  one can simply enjoy meeting and playing with others without stressing over winning.

2.  I would suggest friending Scott (looselugnutz) and start a conversation with him about your feelings.  Doc's Place is one of the better WGT clubs so you might want to get more involved with the club's tournaments / members / forum / Discord.  Doing so might just open up a whole new experience for you.

Bottom line is, if you are not enjoying the game, then it makes little sense (to me) to keep playing.  It will be not only a waste of your time, but of your money as well.   Maybe check out PGA 23 on Steam.  Many former WGT players have moved over to that platform.

Good luck with your decision.  Hopefully others will chime in.

...henry (aka Zzyzx01)

• callaghan159
    6,242 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2024 5:54 PM

I've always enjoyed this game no matter which club I belong to. The current club is one of the better ones. I play mostly alt shot and have had no problem finding a game with club mates. Much more fun playing with others than playing by yourself. JMO. Cheers

RSS