Forums

Help › Forums

JMP - Junior Moderator Programme

Thu, Dec 28 2023 9:41 AM (28 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Dec 21 2023 3:55 PM

So, earlier I posted asking about the Junior Moderator Programme, but unfortunately it was in a thread that got closed before I got a reponse.  So I will copy it here now:

HamdenPro:

Getting off moderation,or enrollment in the Junior Moderators Program (JMP)?

I can help with the 2nd one.

MioKontic:

Well, the first is never going to happen.  How much does the second option cost?  I can only afford 25 sleeves of the level 51 Volvik balls right now.

I just have a few more questions now that I've had time to think about it.

• How much does it pay?
    • If I can put it on my CV then maybe I could go up to 50 sleeves?
    • Would I get a uniform?
    • How much does it pay?
    • And the badge, it is a genuine original or just some cheap plastic immitation?
    • How much does it pay?
    • Do you provide the bulletproof vest?  And what about a truncheon?
    And just one last question, how much does it pay?

Y'know, I've always been good, never done anything wrong.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Thu, Dec 21 2023 5:09 PM

MioKontic:

I just have a few more questions now that I've had time to think about it.

• How much does it pay?
    • If I can put it on my CV then maybe I could go up to 50 sleeves?
    • Would I get a uniform?
    • How much does it pay?
    • And the badge, it is a genuine original or just some cheap plastic immitation?
    • How much does it pay?
    • Do you provide the bulletproof vest?  And what about a truncheon?
    And just one last question, how much does it pay?

Y'know, I've always been good, never done anything wrong.

Lets start with the good news, shall we?

First, please realize, no brownie points for "bullets points", you only get coins.

Ok, then...

You most certainly can put this on your CV (or Resume'). Most informed, potential, employers will see it as a sign of good managerial skills as well as logical reasoning, the ability to make rash decisions quickly and the willingness to take risk. You can also place it under the heading of hobbies, along with self flagellation (something IAMNICK would consider as reading the forum threads and, I have to admit, he is not always wrong on that point).

There is no official uniform or dress code. We suggest wearing something comfortable and flame retardant as well as good protection of various virus and assorted chemicals of varying toxicidity, something like this:

The badge; Once you enter the program, you will be issued a badge which proudly shows you to be a member of the WGT Junior Moderator Program (JMP). This is a highly coveted item, each one being carefully created using authentic faux aluminum. You have your choice of avatar, male, female, or any combination of the two, in addition to our standard models - Alien (a grey, of course), a cat (Nico's favorite), an Antelope (for no reason at all), or a grumpy man (you know who's favorite).

Bullet proof vest: not required, but highly recommended. For now, you would have to provide your own if you choose to wear one. Once the bogey glitch is fixed, there may be a few styles available in the Pro-Shop. Something we are working on but have not worked out the glitches yet. So far, none of them are actually bullet proof, but they make great sweaters.

Finally, the pay - This is the number one concern of most of our applicants. You do receive a very generous stipend. However, after deducting the cost of training materials, cost of providing "real life" in forum expeditions as well as insurance, it will end up costing you only 1 sleeve per week. That's right!!! Only 52 sleeves for 1 year. If you prefer to pay in advance, it would be 48 sleeves!!! That is a whopping savings of 4 sleeves!! 

I hate to add this last part, as it always is the deal breaker, but basic human decency requires it:

AS A TRAINEE, YOU SHALL BE REQUIRED TO READ PORTIONS OF "THE LAST WORD". PLEASE NOTE, WGT, AS WELL AS THE JUNIOR MODERATION PROGRAM (JMP) DISAVOWS ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING SEVERE MENTAL ANQUISH AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS WHICH MAY BE CAUSED BY LONG (AW, HECK, SHORT TERM AS WELL) EXPOSURE TO "THE LAST WORD". ANYONE ENTERING "THE LAST WORD" THREAD, DOES SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.

EDIT: A "truncheon"? OMG, can't you blokes just say a "club"? For crying out loud, I had to go and look that up. Not a good start for a plebe (you can look that up). In all seriousness, we at the Junior Moderator Program frown upon the use of violence. However, you will be trained, and shall become proficient in the safe, and proper, use of the "BAN" button. Actually, that one is my favorite. Not well received, but fun to use.

• craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 7:00 AM
    How many mods does it take to change a lightbulb at wgt . A member to notice the lightbulb needs fixing, who pms a junior moderator asking for it to be fixed, but the junior moderator doesnt have the powers to fix lightbulbs, so they contact a senior mod who is busy making a four page long test post, so they contact Champ who is busy working on version 8 of augusta masters (coming soon), so they pm another global moderator, who bans any members who try to make a thread about the broken lightbulb, then moves it to the support board, where Nico needs the original lightbulb so he can buy a new one that is the same make, who then (once he has bought the lightbulb) gets every staff member together and they finally fix the lightbulb . Then 2 minutes later it goes out again .
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 11:46 AM

HamdenPro:
    AS A TRAINEE, YOU SHALL BE REQUIRED TO READ PORTIONS OF "THE LAST WORD"

One of the duties of being a Junior Moderator is also making sure that it gets shut down from time to time... correct?

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 11:54 AM

SamSpayed:
    One of the duties of being a Junior Moderator is also making sure that it gets shut down from time to time... correct?

Well, once was an accident. LMAO

Twice!! another accident?

In the spirit of full transparency, I will elaborate.

In an effort to remove a double posting of the thread, where it was showing up as two threads in the forum, both threads were accidentally removed. This was through no fault, or caused by any official actions, of the JMP. 

The second time, the thread became triplets. JMP was advised, through the chain of command, and upon follow up inquiry, the same department tasked with fixing the bogey glitch was tasked with fixing the replication of TLW thread. Well, when JMP sought an explanation from WGT as to how all three replications were removed, we received the following response "oops".

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 12:13 PM

HamdenPro:

In an effort to remove a double posting of the thread, where it was showing up as two threads in the forum, both threads were accidentally removed. This was through no fault, or caused by any official actions, of the JMP. 

The second time, the thread became triplets. JMP was advised, through the chain of command, and upon follow up inquiry, the same department tasked with fixing the bogey glitch was tasked with fixing the replication of TLW thread. Well, when JMP sought an explanation from WGT as to how all three replications were removed, we received the following response "oops".

Thanks for the explanation.  If the removal (twice and counting) of The Last Word was an oops by WGT, then I suppose it is an oops we can all live with.

What about calling fouls?  Is that part of the JM duties / training as well?

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 12:24 PM

SamSpayed:
    What about calling fouls?  Is that part of the JM duties / training as well?

The calling of fouls is actually a public service. The call, blowing of the whistle and/or throwing a flag, is purely voluntary but encouraged. 

The idea is to call to the poster's attention the violation in such a way to avoid escalation and subsequent banning or long-term moderation.

The JMP's charter provides that our mission is to educate not to punish. Notwithstanding, each member of the JMP is well prepared to take whatever steps are necessary to maintain the forums as a cordial open discussion area.

We try to stress the underlying principle of RESPONSIBLE POSTING...so please, do not drink and post. You not only place your own emotional state at risk, but those around you as well.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 12:35 PM

HamdenPro:
    The JMP's charter provides that our mission is to educate not to punish. Notwithstanding, each member of the JMP is well prepared to take whatever steps are necessary to maintain the forums as a cordial open discussion area.

That explains the truncheons, I suppose.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 1:58 PM

HamdenPro:

Above highlighted text is just an old wives' tale.  There really is no such thing as "bogey" (or bogie as some prefer) glitch, just players who don't know to restart the app after opponent ends match by just leaving the game instead of using the forfeit button.

Is the JMP still looking for new members?  If so, I would like to nominate Darrel Bevins and Carl Brubaker.  They may or may not be currently under house arrest for their "alleged" activity on 01/26/2021, but they are very dedicated to "the cause" and will go to ANY length necessary to moderate anything they believe in.

(all above is tongue in cheek. not meant to say bogey/bogie glitch isn't real, or start any political arguments/discussions)

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2023 6:00 PM

Well, HP, what can I say.  Lots actually :)

First off, that non-uniform suit looks a little warm, but I guess I could stitch some ice packs into it.

Next, the payment of 48 sleeves, discounted by 4 for up-front payment, is a no brainer, and anyone who doesn't realise that has no brain.  I'll be able to happily retire in just a few years with a pretty hadsome pension.  There is a pension plan, isn't there?

The badge - I would wear that with pride.

The bullet proof vest - seeing as I would be working remotely, I think you are right, not needed.  And if I ever felt it was needed, I would just go and find somewhere even more remote where I could never be found, like the southern Indian Ocean.

And finally... yes, you guessed it... the aptly named 'deal breaker'.  Not since it was first posted back in 2012(?) have I looked at the... xxxxxxx... thread (please don't make me say it!).  Let's face it, there is nothing in it worth reading; there wasn't back then, it's even less likely now!  It's not even worth a mouse click; mice have lives too y'know, they're not immortal - every click lowers its life expectancy.  Do you at least have an in-house therapist who knows how to deal with such atrocities?  Maybe you need to hire an exorcist, or at least a WGT employee who is liberal with his (or her) use of the Delete Thread button.

Everything was a yes, yes, yes, a big tick in the box, right until I got to that last part.  Now I will have to sleep on it.

(NB  I apologise if anyone was offended by the southern Indian Ocean reference, inference to MH370, but no offence intended.  I will happily remove it if asked to.)

RSS