Help › Forums

Game lags out when taking a "gimmi" put

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 3 2023 10:02 AM (20 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,903 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2023 11:14 AM

handyman130:

Got the update on pc but still not fixed happened every game yesterday when player took gimme?

Re-read what WGTNico said.  I'll highlight the part you should read carefully.

WGTNico:

update 1.96.1 is out on Android, desktop will soon follow with IOS likely being tomorrow. This addresses the coin room putting/gimme spinning issues and cc leaderboard prizes visual issue. Just as a note though, until both players are on 1.96.1 the coin room issue may still occur. So until we are mandatory with the update, it's possible you will see the issue.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2023 12:42 PM

SamSpayed:

handyman130:

Got the update on pc but still not fixed happened every game yesterday when player took gimme?

Re-read what WGTNico said.  I'll highlight the part you should read carefully.

WGTNico:

update 1.96.1 is out on Android, desktop will soon follow with IOS likely being tomorrow. This addresses the coin room putting/gimme spinning issues and cc leaderboard prizes visual issue. Just as a note though, until both players are on 1.96.1 the coin room issue may still occur. So until we are mandatory with the update, it's possible you will see the issue.

So when is an update "not mandatory"?  I play on PC and don't really ever see an option to decline the update whenever it pops up (if I want to continue to the game anyway).  Is what you are saying Sam, is that it is possible that someone on IOS hasn't been forced to take the update that was out 3 days ago?

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2023 1:10 PM

BlackBogey:
    So when is an update "not mandatory"?

Usually the game updates when you run the 'launcher' window. But it is possible that someone could open the game before an update was released, and leave it open permanently, thereby never receiving an update through the 'launcher' window.
       Eventually though, the 'game' window will prompt you to install the update and you will not be able to continue playing until you install it, then it becomes a mandatory update.

• Dougster68
    3 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 3:26 AM

1.96.1.270414 update here on PC and I have continuous load issues never mind the gimme bug 

• SamSpayed
    4,903 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 11:59 AM

BlackBogey:
    So when is an update "not mandatory"?  I play on PC and don't really ever see an option to decline the update whenever it pops up (if I want to continue to the game anyway).  Is what you are saying Sam, is that it is possible that someone on IOS hasn't been forced to take the update that was out 3 days ago?

On PC, if you launch the game directly by starting golf.exe (not launcher.exe), it will not check to see if there is an updated version of the game.  You can continue to play on the version you have.  You will only get the latest version of the game if you launch the game via launcher.exe.  I am not sure if the PC app (golf.exe) forces you to update eventually or not.  

On Steam, you will see an UPDATE NOW button instead of a PLAY button.  So you won't be able to play on Steam until you update.

On Android, you can continue to use your current version of the app until the update is marked mandatory (I think in the Google Play store).  At that point, you'll get an Update splash screen in the app which will force you to go to the Google Play store and update the app.

I am not sure how it works on iOS or MacOS.

• Docwormburner
    263 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 12:47 PM

same here and it sucks

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 1:01 PM

SamSpayed:
    I am not sure if the PC app (golf.exe) forces you to update eventually or not.

It does Sam, I've tried it.

• Cicero733
    2,294 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 1:56 PM

“I am not sure how it works on iOS or MacOS”

Three ways. You can delete the app and reinstall, force the update through the App Store, or do nothing and eventually, usually a few days after the release, the device will automatically update without any user intervention.

• Docwormburner
    263 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 4:03 PM

Do they know about the Inbox being lit at all times now, even though when you click it says inbox is empty. Damned annoying.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2023 10:02 AM

Docwormburner:

Do they know about the Inbox being lit at all times now, even though when you click it says inbox is empty. Damned annoying.

It's been like that ever since we moved away from Flash.  They said they fixed it a year or more ago, but it hasn't been fixed.

RSS